Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Turbo

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
photo?photo_id=621808&size=md
<p />Just testing to see if this photo gets posted with the message.[p]

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Sorry guys and gals. It failed. I would like to get on the bandwagon and post a photo or two every now and then. Oh well... Back to the drawing board.[p]

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    <p />Spring Chicken,
    See if this works.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]You can right click on the broken icon (Netscape) and then select View Image from the drop down menu to see the picture.[p]If that's you - I would strongly suggest a slide/daisy chimney top rather than the ****-eyed ceramic top to regulate temps. Just a suggestion to make it easier!! [p]Nice rig you have there too.[p]Tim[p]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Is that you, Leroy? Great shot, unit and hat. :~)
    Can I come down and Party at your stylin' crib?
    I'll bring the beer... the brand of your choice.
    Did I mention beer?[p]You know, that 4 door cedar Q station would probably mount nicely on the back of your new motor home.
    Just a thought.[p]Thanks bud, for the Sat. morning grins.
    Q on.[p]WD

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    JJ,
    Apparently not...

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Tim M,
    Thanks Tim. When some of my friends saw the picture they wanted to know which was the Big Green Egg. I suppose I should have worn a red shirt. I already purchased a slide daisy topper and getting the hang of it, but I really never had any problem maintaining temperatures with just the snuffer cap. I really want to figure out the photo posting steps because I got a lot of requests for photos of my Big Green Egg BBQ Center after offering to share photos with those thinking about making their own tables. Plus I make a few meals now and then worth bragging about.[p]Thanks again.[p]Spring Chicken

• elFloyd
    elFloyd Posts: 50
    Options
    <p />Spring Chicken,

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    image-display?photo_id=621807&size=md
    <p />WooDoggies,
    Yep, thats me wearing my Charlie One Horse hat. I was just showing off my Turbo Big Green Egg BBQ Center. Mr Egg was only about six months old so all that flab you see on me came from Mexican food. I was hoping my Egg would help me take some off. Didn't. [p]Come on down. The entire back deck is made for partying, and just this morning my wife and I started talking "Pool" again. Had one in Florida and loved it. [p]Bring any kind of beer you like. I make my own when I have time. Unfortunately, my wife put the quiescence on making beer because the last batch blew up on me. Made a heck-of-mess. I even thought about selling the formula to the military.[p]As for pulling my BBQ Center behind my motor home, I will add the idea to my wishful thinking list.[p]I tried to make it a comfortable deck and back yard to play in and we even have a guest bedroom, so bring yourself on. I'm gonna try to post another photo or link showing the porch/deck from my great room. I hope it comes out this time.[p]Beers and Cheers[p]Spring Chicken
    aka Turbo Chicken

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Maybe this will work.
    Larry

[ul][li]Spring Chickens Egg[/ul]
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    NICE! I could hang out there for a few.... :) Get that pool and I'll hang out for a few more..... ;)[p]Enjoy!![p]Beth

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    BBQBeth,
    Thanks. As we say around here, "Okaaa"

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    YB,
    Thanks. While you were doing that I think I figured out how to post a photo correctly. See my followup to woodoggies.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]The shirt comment made me laugh![p]Good luck with the picture posting. I can help you with doing it from your personal webspace, but I have no idea how all the different picture services work. Your problem seems very common with those services. Good luck with it.[p]Tim M
    <FONT COLOR="#007F00"><FONT SIZE="5">smilly.gif</FONT></FONT>

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Your deck and greenery look very comfortable and inviting. Very nice spot indeed.
    Lounge Central.[p]Gracious of you to open your door for a visit especially after I had the audacity to invite myself! :~)
    I had to look up Spring on the atlas... looks like you are just North of Houston. Y'all experience that 5th season known as Dante's Inferno? I think I'd be happy parking myself on the swing with a cold one under the fan.[p]Brewing is volatile stuff. When I was younger (home for summer break from college) my brothers and I decided to make potato vodka and we placed the mash in my parent's kitchen pantry. Well, it exploded over every square inch of that room and smelled like total hell. Mom cooly informed us that she would be leaving the house and when she got back it had better be spotless. We cleaned it all but still to this day, when you open that door, there is the faint aroma of mash gone wrong. hee hee[p]All this talk off topic... So, what you got planned for the cooker?[p]Cheers and Beers bakatcha,[p]WD[p]

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    I had some white lightening up in Virginia one time and a little bit of that stuff would run a Zippo lighter for a year. I guess your potato vodka had similar properties. [p]As for what's cook'n today, I sure have a hanker'n for some dry ribs. The regular slow cook, "fall off the bone" kind are okay but I want some dry babybacks. The kind you have to knaw on and get jaw-lock after a rack or two of 'em. Sharpens the teeth. Makes me want to go sleep in a cave afterward. Momentary de-evolution. Know what I mean Vern?[p]Gottageaux to the grocery and get the fix'ns. Later dude.[p]Spring Chicken

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Spring Chicken, Now I have your picture, I can print it out and when I get to Spring, Tx. next fall, I can just take around and ask folks there "where can I find this mad-man"?
    I am sure everyone in Spring can point me to your house, the one where the GOOD SMELL is coming from.[p]Marv

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Heck, with weather like you have, what you need a spare bedroom for? Just make the guest sleep on the patio.......that way they could be right there to watch the over night brisket cook on the egg.[p]Marv

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Marv ,
    You got it. Folks have always said they know me by my smell. (Hummm! I wonder why they always preferred to stay UP-wind???) Well, you know you are always welcome and I will be sure to have a supply of lump and dead animal parts to keep you busy showing me the secrets to successful Q'ing. See you next fall.[p]Spring Chicken