Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help! - Mold on table!

JasonJason Posts: 45
edited 3:29PM in EggHead Forum

I did something very stupid. After cooking on my lg BGE I did not replace the cover. It started raining later that night and the next morning I covered up my egg and table (still raining- stupid thing #2)and forgot about it. When I went to cook the following week I discovered the mess - lots of green mold on the table. [p]Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions on cleanup?[p]Thanks in advance![p]Jason

·

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    One gallon of water and one cup of bleach should do it.
    ·
  • Jason,
    If it is on the table a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogen peroxide should do the trick. Just spray it on, scrub it down, and wash it off. Cheaper than bleach and less smelly too. I received an e-mail about the wonders of peroxide from a great egger. If it is the egg that is moldy, then a 400 deg fire for 1 hour will clear that up.[p]Mike "Always learnin on the puter" in Abita

·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
    Jason, A mild solution of bleach/water (10/90) should kill what you've got. Spray it on, let it sit for a while and then rinse with water. If that doesn't work, use a stronger bleach solution (perhaps 20%).[p]Rascal

·
  • Jason,

Was your table treated with some sort of poly or was it natural wood.

Greg
    ·
  • JasonJason Posts: 45

Thanks guys - I'll give it a try.

·
  • Just read an few articles about this. Apparently the safest and most effective way to kill bacteria (I figure mold would qualify) is a combination of peroxide and vinegar. Two seperate spray bottles and it does not matter which one you spray first.

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/articles/vinegar.htm

http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arch/9_28_96/food.htm
    ·