Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Question for Techies

Options
Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two hotmail accounts, one which I haven't used in about two years but I still get mail in it which is now irrelivant to me. How do I delete this account? Do I just remove it from my Outlook folder and not worry about where the mail sits on some server or do I need to contact someone somewhere and tell them I no longer need it? It has started to become somewhat of a chore to open it every day and delete the messages.

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    I don't use Hotmail but my a few years back MS stated explicitly that if an account is "unvisited" for a 30 day period, the mail in it will be automatically deleted and will be irretrievable even if the account still exists. I recall my sister forgetting that rule and losing thousands of messages. You might want to check the various info that MS provides on the webpage to confirm this.

An additional thought is that with some mail services - GMail comes to mind - you can have all mail redirected to another account (wherever you want - not necessarily another GMail account) and deleted from the original location. Maybe Hotmail can do that also.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    If you don't care anything about what mail is getting sent to that account then don't worry about it at all. Over time MSN will delete out that account. Like Haggis says you can forward that mail to your other account if you need to recieve any of that mail. Just let it lay it will take care of it's self.

PBM
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Just don't log in to the account any more. It will be deleted in 30 days or so, and I think that the inactivity level was brought down to 10 days. Not sure, but there have been times when I tried to log in, and received a notice that this account has been reserved for me.