Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any pictures of small BGE cooks wanted.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone :)[p]I am thinking of buying a small BGE (not the mini) to keep my large company :) I am wondering just what sort of cooks I will be able to achieve on that size cooker... you know... trying to visualize it.[p]If anyone has any photo's of how they packed that little grill with food.. I would enjoy seeing them If you would be so kind. [p]BGE states that you can cook a turkey on it ? [p]Thanks everyone... and happy egging.. BB

Comments

• BB, no pix to send, but a boat load of encouragement! I have the same combo of a large and a small in my table. I use the large for lo & slo, pizza & poultry. Use the small for nuking steaks, burgers, chops etc. Cool to use them in tandum like last New Year's eve's lobster and steak. I love both sizes equally for what they offer and will assure you you'll be happy with the small!

• kat,[p]Great :) One thing though... if you did want to do a pork butt or ? low and slow.... what do you think the run time would be on a full load of lump on an average warm day at say 225 deg. dome ? Or... do you think it would run all night without a refill of lump if I wanted to do that ?[p]Thanks Kat... BB
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    my_kitchen.jpg
    <p />BB,
    If you make a extra grate for the small then you can fill the lump up to the top of the fire ring....It will run 15 or so hours easy.
    Larry

• YB
    Options
    extragratesmall.jpg
    <p />BB,
    Here is a couple of pictures of the extra grate.

[ul][li]Grate Detail[/ul]
  • BB, Timmy posted a picture a while back of Reg. In that photo, Reg appeared to be less than four feet tall. Since Reg is "vertically challenged" and cooks on a BGE maybe Timmy can post that picture again.[p]Is that your idea of a small BGE cook? :-)[p]Beers,[p]Juggy[p]
  • elFloyd
    elFloyd Posts: 50
    Options
    YB,[p]Nice family of eggs.... what is it you've done with the thermometers? Nice table for the mini too!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />BB,[p]I think the two sizes go together well. I only grill on my small, big jobs and slow cooking is done on the large. I actually use the small 3x more than the large - family of 3.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    elFloyd,
    They don't call him Yardboy fer nuthin!
    I been tryin' to get YB to move up nawth into our neighborhood. That kid can do anything. What a great neighbor he would be.[p]Looking at the pics of his yard, I can see why he aint too keen on moving. Heee![p]Cheers to you...and enjoy the killer weather we are having.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • YB
    Options
    elFloyd,
    That is a 3/4" copper coupling with a fishing cork inside of it...I drill a hole in the cork install it in the coupling and paint the coupling black.Then install the thermometer in the coupling and it keeps the tip of the thermometer from sticking in the meat.
    Larry

• YB, a toy wooden wheel will protect the back of the thermometer from radiated heat and being wood won't transfer heat like a piece of metal. Cheerio!

• YB
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Chris...It is 81 degrees here today...What a pretty day...Only three weeks to the Masters...Here is a picture of all the different size eggs...Can't hardly wait for eggfest.
    Larry

[ul][li]All the Eggs[/ul]
  • YB
    Options
    kat,
    With the stem of the thermometer being in a fishing cork it has not been a problem.At one time I had a PVC coupling on the mini egg and when it got up to about 900 degrees the coupling started to melt.
    Larry

• JDB,[p]Well, honestly...LOL I was thinking more on the line of how much you could pack into it food wise :)
    And also how long it would run slow and low etc. on a full load of lump. [p]Thanks everyone for the photo's ... nice pics ! BB

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    Butterfly_chick_on_Small_egg.jpg
    <p />BB,[p]I have 3 eggs: Large, Small and Mini. As others have said, I use the Small by far the most. I love how it is economical on lump and does such a great job grilling almost anything. It will do a spatchcocked chicken with no problem.[p]If you decide to purchase one, you will NOT regret it.[p]Carl T
  • BB,[p]E-mail me at stam@ccrtc.com for information with pictures.[p]Old Dave