Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strange Egg found...

PhilsGrill
PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't remember the store where I found this at but it looks strangely familiar. Anyone ever see this????

stainlessegg.jpg

Comments

• Did you get to raise the lid? Is it all stainless steel or is it ceramic on the inside? Just curious. I've got a large BGE.
    Frank
  • If it's made by Viking...it must be pricey!
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Yup... ceramic inside.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    yea viking made it to compete with BGE from what i understand it is VERY expensive above the $2000 mark

;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• That is a Primo round kamado cooker encased in SS by Viking.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Looks like an alien. I think we need to kill it.

:evil:

Greg
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    According to THIS, the Viking charcoal smoker in a small (30") table is $2,599-2,699. Ouch.
  • BENTE
    how did you imbedd that website in there i learned how on the old one but not here

thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Jeffersonian
    You start out with the opening code of

[ url=

but leaving out the space between the bracket and the "u," Then you cut and paste in the URL of the page you want to link to followed by a

]

Then type in the text you want to show...in my case the word THIS. Finally, close the code with

[/url]

That should do it.
  • BENTE

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Jeffersonian
    Yep, like that!! :woohoo:
  • mind if I try to link the DizzyPig site using your technique.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    They offrer a complete gas and ceramic combo for about 6K. I'm not sure what the stainless does but I could have more eggs than I could ever want for that kinda dough.Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Personally for that kind of jack, I'ld think of buying a few more large BGE's.....

I really don't care if it matches my gas grill since that is always covered up anyway.

Chicken then lamb chops for a group tonight was fantastic!!!

Cheers...JerryD
  • BENTE
    worked are you still up?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• gthom
    gthom Posts: 36
    I actually call on the plant that makes these. Believe it or not, they make these in their new Dishwasher Plant.

In the past, they were buying dishwashers from Asko and putting a stainless door with a Viking logo on them. They have since developed their own dishwasher and built a new plant to build them.

As you can guess, with a price of 2 grand and up, they don't sell many of these "eggs", so it is a complete job by job build. Actually, there's not much involved except unpacking all the outsourced components and putting it together. If I remember right, the ceramic shell on the inside is one piece, instead of a firebox and ring. One of there biggest problems is how heavy it is. It takes 2 people to put the ceramic insert in.

Strangely enough, I first become intrigued with ceramic cookers when I saw this one at the plant. I had never really heard of them and i had just "wasted' $250 on a big stainless steel gasser. i wish now that I had that $250 to throw towards a small egg!!!! Anyway, the engineer was telling me about its ability to cook at 750+ degrees and holding the temp steady. He mentioned that it was based on the BGE/Kamado fame. I started checking into it, and within about 2 months, i bought my BGE.

I haven't cooked on the gasser since.....come to think of it, i need to find a buyer and get it out of here.

Theres another place in Mississippi that imports their own brand of ceramic cookers. Bayou Classic. Their headquarters is located about 2 miles from my house. They have an outlet store there, so I drop by occasionally to see what they have. They decided to go with a new model of ceramic cooker, so they were clearancing out their last of the inventory. They had about 30 left in early November. They were about the same size as a large BGE and included a cart which had shelves on the side for $300.00. For some reason, I didn't jump on it, thinking they would last a while. I figured it would be a good 2nd egg for the money. I stopped by today and low and behold they were sold out. Must have been destiny that will force me to buy a small BGE (which I'd rather have anyway - don't really need another large).
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    What is their new cooker model called??? Just curious
  • the story goes that the owner/CEO of Viking was having dinner a friend's home, and the dinner was cooked on a BGE. Needless to say, he wanted one with his own name on it & all stainless steel to match the rest of his appliances. Looks pretty, but a lot more to go wrong with in the long run... (but then again, those that buy Viking really don't buy it to cook with ;) )
  • gthom
    gthom Posts: 36
    Not sure about Bayou's new model. Apparently they import them. The grate was actually ceramic. He said that was one thing that would change (either to cast iron or stainless). The cooking grid was stainless, though.