Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest2002

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey folks...
E2K+2 is only less then 2 months away and before we know it it will be time to Q and have a good time tegether!
Being that it's that close...how much is the registration fee? The seasonal distributors address?
Let's get the show on the road!
ST

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Smokin' Todd,
    Yo ST! Coming up on us. Hey, how can you tell who the forum people are at the fest???[p]They walk around saying LOL.[p]Sorry....it's early!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Smokin' Todd,
    Hey ST...registration is $35 each $60/ couple..Capt. Billy`s on Fri night is $25/ each..you can call Jennifer at Seasonal at 888-888-6815...Lookin forward to a good time..
    I`m thinkin I`ll be smokin salmon this year..[p]Wess

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Smokin' Todd,[p] Nature Boy, Someone tell me what LOL stands for or means. [p]Todd,
    The event details (or what I have of them so far) has been posted on the Eggfest website. It's linked on the main forum page here on the BGE forum page above for easy reference. You have obviously been there since you filled out the guestbook, the hosts name and address is on the Event page (http://www.tm52.com/eggfest/event.htm) but nothing has been told to me about fees, demo Eggs available, or the friday night diner as of yet. They will be firmed up pretty soon, so keep and eye on the website for changes.[p]Maybe Daaa Mayor will read this and get me some more info to post there on the website. There will be a keg of Sam Adams and a keg of something else (after hearing the Sam Adams I didn't remember the other brand - maybe Pabst, hehe) to keep everyone busy between meals. [p]Tim

[ul][li]Eggfest 2002[/ul]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hi Wess,
    I'm assuming the $35 registration fee is for those who want to cook or is it for the full day of general indulgence and depravity?
    WD

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    WooDoggies,
    If you are just coming as a spectator you dont have to register..the fee allows you to cook and attend a meet and great party, there are door prizes for those registered..and also attend the seafood feast...Tim`s website gives most of the details of the goings on..and if you`ve never been..it`s a great time..come hungry cause you will leave STUFFED...HTH[p]Wess

• Smokin' Todd
    Nature Boy,
    yo NB! Looking fwd to da' 3rd annual!
    ST

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Smokin' Todd,
    Hey, ST, not sure if you ever got my email. You interested in that Bruce show from Dec 8/01? If so, email me yer street address. Not looking good right now, but still have hopes up that Denise and I can make it down to Waldorf too! I hear Captn' Billy has some crabby cakes with my name on them!
    Take care,
    Qfan

• WooDoggies
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Dude, are you planning on making those Mongo Burgers?[p]WD
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Tim M,
    I have been curious about those LOL's as well, but I just thought it meant "Lots of Luck" or "Lots of Love." Now I'm really curious and hope someone will post the answer.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Spring Chicken,[p]LOL = Laugh[ing] out loud.[p]Cornfed
  • WooDoggies
    Spring Chicken,
    oops, hate it when that happens...[p]You have opened up a can of worms with that question as i am unversed in the world of acronyms.
    LOL= laugh out loud, BTW= by the way, IMO= in my opinion and that's about as far as it goes for me. What is HTH, and the endless others?[p]WD

• Cornfed
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Who is up for a Thursday get together? I think we've mentioned the possibility of an O's game. If people are interested, I can look into getting tickets. Alternatively, maybe we can hit that bar with all the beers in DC. If not either of those, perhaps just pick a place (someone's house, the hotel, etc) to get together and get rowdy! The last two years I've had compelling urges to cook out in the hotel parking lot. Don't know why, but the excitement over Eggfest has made me really want to tailgate at a hotel. At a minimum, I'd be interested in the reaction of the hotel management when they ask what the hell we are doing and we tell them baby backs indirect over hickory.[p]Anyway, I've taken Thurs and Fri of that week off and I'm planning on heading down on Thurs afternoon. Will I be tailgating in the parking lot by myself singing happy birthday to me, or is anyone interested in getting together for some rowdy fun?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    WooDoggies,[p]HTH = Hope this Helps.
    HTH HAND = Hope this Helps. Have a Nice Day.[p]HIAFATMN. WIAWA,
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Cornfed,
    Kylplskim to you too.
    R&J

• Cornfed
    RhumAndJerk,[p]My acronym actually meant:[p]HIAFATMN. WIAWA = Here is a fake acronym that means nothing. Wonder if anyone will ask.[p]I am a freakin' geek!
    Cornfed

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    "Who is up for a Thursday get together? I think we've mentioned the possibility of an O's game."[p]A (Bowie) Baysox game would be closer and cheaper (and you don't have to worry about finding/paying for parking in downtown Baltimore). I haven't been to a Baysox game, but I want to go this year.

• BluesnBBQ,[p] I agree, though I will be on a plane to Ecuador on May 2nd. Besides, us DC folks need to get serious about this Orioles boycott if we ever want to pry our own team out of the cold almost-dead hands of Peter Angelos. Any man who enters a "rebuilding phase" on purpose to depress ticket sales so he can whine about how much a DC team will hurt his franchise doesn't get my support![p]MikeO
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Cornfed,[p]I'm up for an O's game. i can see all the minor league baseball I want just by going to a Phils game.
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Cornfed, and it got old fast. IGOF. [p]CB

• Spring Chicken
    WooDoggies,
    The only acronym I can remember from my much younger days is SWSSTHTDTT I'm sure you remember putting that on the envelope flap? It means "Sealed with sufficent slobber to hold this darn thing together"[p]It was supposed to impress the girls. NOW you remember!!![p]Maybe our Egger friends can come up with one that reminds everyone to start with plenty of lump for low'n slow cooking. SWPOL[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spring Chicken
    Cornfed,
    I would have never thought of that but I like it. May use it myself sometimes. Good humor and good food just seem to go together. Thanks.[p]Spring Chicken

• Smokin' Todd
    WooDoggies,
    I don't think i'll be doing those this year.
    Not sure what I will be Qin'.
    ST

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Spring Chicken,[p]Below is a link to a short list of common abbreviations.[p]Spin
    [ul][li]Internet Shorthand[/ul]
  • WooDoggies
    Cornfed,
    Am I reading correctly that your birthday is on Thurs. the 2nd?... Or do you just like singing that diddy... not that there's anything wrong with that. Nothing at all.[p]It is officially beer-thirty in my world.[p]WD

• Cornfed
    WooDoggies,[p]No, my birthday is in January. One of my younger brothers always creates some joking imagery when he's trying to describe someone that's depressed or upset. Basically, he describes them drunk and sitting alone at the end of a bar with messed up hair and an untucked shirt singing into their drink glass "ha...pp...bi...rth...day....to........me...."[p]Very depressing. Kind of an inside joke. Not really sure where he got it from. Anyway, everytime I make that joke some people (very understandably) think it's my birthday. Then I explain that it's not and in the process get more upset...sometimes so much that I have to start singing happy birthday to me again....[p]It's a vicious cycle!
    Cornfed

• WooDoggies
    Cornfed,[p]Yes, that is very depressing... and the idea of you sitting alone in the dark with your patched-up egg in a parking lot, beer in hand singing happy birthday to me with the dogs howling and management harrassisng you is even more depressing than I would like to contemplate.
    We might have to round up a posse to keep this from happening.
    Gawd, I need a beer now.[p]WD

• Spring Chicken
    Spin,
    Thanks. I needed that. Now I can abbreviate my emotions and comments like the pros. [p]LJKGB (Life just keeps getting better)[p]Spr Chik

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    If nothing pans out for an arranged outing, yall are more than welcome to swing by the Nature Ranch...about 15 miles or so west of DC. Would love to have yall visit and down some bevs and chow some Q. Earl and Barb came by last year. Maybe we can get a gang over here this year.[p]One idear anyways...if organizing another event doesn't happen.. We can all hang around here listening to tunes, getting rowdy and saying LOL![p]Cheers.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ