Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatwood Sticks __Any Pros or Cons ??

EggSport
EggSport Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have followed many posts for sometime re. lighting lump in the BGE and have accepted MAPP torch as a fast and easy approach ... EXCEPT that I find it requires less fuel and more consistent lights if I add a chunk of my smoking wood (either pecan or cherry). Today I saw big packs (5lbs) of fatwood sticks at Walmart for just under $9. they look like an ideal size, maybe even cut in half, or thirds for multi-point lighting.
Packaging suggest fireplaces and woodstoves and campfires ... BUT no mention anywhere about cooking fires. Any concerns out there about using these to light fires in BGE regularly?? They emphasize natural, high sap content wood from stumps, etc. Please comment if you have any experience or knowledge of issues (+/-) with these for this BGE use.[p]Regards,
Tom B

Comments