Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Chicken with Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce is a great marinade for chicken and pork. Something different with a great taste and very moist.

100_0612.jpg100_0613.jpg

PBM

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    That looks great! Do you have a recipe?
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    I use the processor to combine it all. Also I process the garlic and onion first then I add everything else and process away. I also make a double batch for marinade. Good luck and hope you enjoy it. Let me Know what you think.

Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce:
    1 cup lightly packed chopped parsley (ideally, flat leaf "Italian" parsley)
    3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
    2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (optional)
    2 tablespoons shallot or onion, minced
    3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
    6 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar (Balsomic is the best)
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Pinch of rosmery

I use my vac marinader for about 6 hours, but you can use zip lock bag also, just I would marinade it longer with zip lock.

PBM
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Thanks! Is it good on only chicken or does it work well for pork and beef too? Glad to see you made onto the forum!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Great for Chicken and Pork. Never tried it on beef. Yes it's good to be hook up now thanks to Bill, he was a great help.

PBM
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Personally, I've never used chimichurri on anything but beef. Not a whole lot of chicken in your average Buenos Aires steak house :P . Doesn't it overwhelm the chicken?
  • ShortRIb
    Options
    I was in Buenos Aires this past summer. I would say it is next to impossible to find any chicken on the menu. All beef with a few pork items. Best beef I have ever tasted. But I would be willing to try the chimi sauce on some chicken. But most likely it will be used on a tritip!!!
  • you don't see much chicken there because the great delicacy is guinea pig. if you haven't tried it you should it is rather pleasant and different.
  • ShortRIb
    Options
    what is called in spanish?
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I have to admit that I've been to BA any number of times, eaten in all kinds of restaurants and I've never heard of them eating guinea pigs. Why would anyone have guinea pig when a they have nice, juicy lomos waiting on you? Then again, they eat the nastiest stuff in their parrillas, so there's no telling.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Not to my tasteing it does'nt overwhelm the chicken. I gonna have to try it on beef now.

PBM