Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Overnight cooks on the Small?

Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited 8:29AM in EggHead Forum
How does the small handle overnight cooks? Also, does the Guru work with the Small?

Thanks,
Gwen
·

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 4,031
    I never did an overnighter with my small, but, no reason it can't be done. Plenty of charcoal are the key words. I have a Guru and an adapter door for the small as well.......
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Didn't know if even if I filled it up to the top, if it would be enough lump to last for an overnighter. Anyone here use the small for overnights and can chime in?

Gwen
    ·
  • CampCookCampCook Posts: 157
    The small works just fine for overnights and the guru works just as well on the small as on any other Egg. As Egret says, there is an adapter that makes the Guru fit the small. I once did Three pork buts on the small. The buts were a little over 6 pounds each and i just squeezed them in. They started about 10 PM and came off around noon the next day. This was at fish camp and the pork was a relief from all the fish we had eaten.
    Dave
    ·
  • aaindaaind Posts: 235
    I just got mine ,but I can get 10 hrs at 225 and 25% was not burned up ,need to stir ??
    Dave
    100_2547.jpg
    ·
  • 2EggTim2EggTim Posts: 170
    I have done overnight cooks on the small. I have had to add lump on a couple of occasions, but overall I've had good success. I suppose it also depends on what brand of lump you use.
    ·