Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Le Creuset users.

Options
mb168
mb168 Posts: 265
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was just on their site and they have a new stainless replacement handle for their lids that is good for any temp. New handle

Now you do have a decision to make, if you don't cook at high temps with it, it's better to keep the original handle because it's cool to the touch, just don't go too high. Or do you just replace it with the stainless and always have a mitt or towel handy because it will always be hot???

Comments

• I'd use both. Seems as though with a few turns of a screw you could have the proper handle for whatever kind of cooking you're doing. Remember to be temperature conscious (no thermal shocks) as there's cast iron beneath that enameled finish.

Rascal
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    What would you cook in a Le Creuset dutch oven that you would need a stainless knob?I thought that vessel was used mainly for braising and long and slow cooks.If you are doing a cook with that pot over 400 degrees I would hope and pray that the lid was off.
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    I wouldn't cook anything at that high of a temp in it, but it comes up every time someone mentions Le Creuset on the forum and the company must have had some call for it or they wouldn't bother making it.

When I use a DO on the egg I never have it above 300 and thats rare, usually in the 200s