Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome JJ Burgers

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the wife came through last night. When I got home, there was a plate of hamburgers slathered with mustard and crusted with JJ’s Rub. She liked the idea, because it was easy and not time consuming. She had also mixed some JJ’s Rub with the 1.5 pounds of Ground Chuck before she formed the burgers.[p]I fired up Mr. Egg to about 600 and tossed on the burgers. I cooked the burgers for four minutes per side and let them sit for five minutes more. As true to form, most of the mustard and rub was left on the grill instead of the meat, but it did its job.[p]The end results were five burgers that were medium-well to well done. They were juicy and full of flavor.[p]I slapped one on a Kaiser Roll with lots of raw onion and some ketchup and chowed down. They were the best burgers that I have had.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    RhumAndJerk, sounds great - I've used JJ's rub on the outside, never the inside - sounds like something to try in the next few days - maybe we'll even combine the internal JJ's rub with the internal cheese idea that was posted last week.[p]I kind of leave the experimentation to you, NB and the others – I will settle for trying it once ‘you all’ have perfected! Thanks.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Gfw,
    Tonight I will start the Tandoori Chicken and cook it tomorrow.[p]I have been promising this for a while now, but I am finally ready to do it.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Kirk
    Kirk Posts: 2
    RhumAndJerk,
    I like the idea. I have been doing mine with montreals on them and boy they are good. I like mine med at the most.