Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

god help me

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my seven year old boy is watching the patriots with us and saying things like "i knew they'd go to a post pattern", "the jags keep going to the running game they won't last the third quarter", "late hit on hobbs.."

i feel bad. because fifteen years from now he'll be in a bar crying into his beer somewhere saying "i remember when...."
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    ok i got to say it!!! man WTF are you complaining about???????? he could be saying "hey dad let's watch LIFETIME"!!!!!!!!

sorry stike i could not let that one go :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Seriously. Circle of life, dude. At least for most guys. When you're young, you obsess about sports since you're playing them in nearly all of your free time and you endeavor to be like the pros. And you don't have to work, so you have tons of time to think about sports. And you're young and agile, so you can actually be good at sports.

Then you get older and get a job and such. You get fatter and dumber and a bit depressed, so you turn to sports and sit in bars and cry in beers when your team loses. And when they win, you talk with glee as if you'd actually won something.

Have another beer and embrace it. The kid sounds like he's progressing nicely.

God Bless America,
    Cornfed
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    mine was the same way at that age. Now he's 15 and unless I have my wallet out or I'm cooking something I don't hear a word from him
  • BENTE
    Options
    maybe you read that wrong? i meant "THAT'S GREAT!!! i hope my 11 year old boy grasps the JOY of football season soon B)

sorry for the confusion!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    No, any confusion is my fault. I was (attempting) to address Dr. Stike despite my replying to your post.

Sorry 'bout that. Cheers and have a good rest of the evening. I'm watching the Pats right now. Hoping they can win 3 straight and go 19-0. Though Green Bay looked pretty strong today, I have a sneaking suspicion that if they can get through the Colts/Bolts next week, they should romp in the Superbowl.

We shall see.

Later,
    Cornfed
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it to much. But he asks for Debra Lafave phone #. I might get a little concerned. :woohoo:

Mike
  • stike
    Options
    today, january thaw, i'm freezing my ass off in the back yard in dress shoes. my 7 year old wants to throw the football around. he throws frigging spirals sidearm, off his back foot.

i'm throwing like a **** gurl. every time i thro, that little pr!ck was saying "wa want cassell, we want cassell..." ( the pats' back-up QB"

and i'll tell you what, his five year old brother is a natural. henry(the older bruther) is a student of the game. he works at it.

but his little bruther just DOES it.

i am so screwed.

the snow finally melted, and when we heard we were due for 8 inches of snow on monday, the little guy (tuck, the 5 year old) started crying. mom asked why (because we all love snow here in new england unless you are 60 or older). he said 'because i wanted to practice field goals with daddy'

santa bought a five year old kid a kicking tee for christmas.

i repeat. i am so screwed.
    tho i wouldn't have it any other way
  • stike
    Options
    i have a great friend that moved to seattle.
    i was really hoping for his sake that the 'hawks would do it tonight.

just so i could watch him agonize over which team to root for.
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    That's a good sign. It means he will probably not grow up to be an interior decorator or a hairdresser!
  • stike
    Options
    my boy is a daddy's boy. he loves dad. it's the way i was.

dad was a god.

i pity the little guy when he realizes i am just another chump.

he beat me in chess (by EMAIL, by the way) when he was four. he has no idea that he knows more than i do.

i am just trying to stay a chapter ahead.

i had the two of them sitting in my lap for the first quarter of tonight's game. my frigging legs were falling asleep... but i honestly couldn't have cared whether our team won or lost. was just nice to have them at that age, at that moment. the game was just an excuse.

like you said, they'll get older, and ignore me.

i asked him "you think you'll still sit in my lap when you are forty and daddy is 70?"

he thought real hard, and said yes. we'll see. we'll see.
  • stike
    Options
    he has more chicks lined up at 7 than i did at 21.

hahahaha
  • stike
    Options
    HEY!
    i was an architect for nearly twenty years. that's one step away from an interior designer. and as an architect, a quarter of your friends ARE INTERIOR DESIGNERS.

my littlest dude got pink soccer cleats for christmas, and a pink bathrobe. and he is the toughest little dude in the neighborhood. hahaha built like a fireplug, and blessed with a roundhouse kick that would knock a house off the foundation.

never mess with the dude in pink. he is already angrier inside than the guy who is making fun of him.
  • BENTE
    Options
    MANY MANY thanks sometimes i forget what it was like to live "up north"!!!! and you just reminded me why i live here!!!!

no snow yet!! (may get some but that is like national news)

no snow last year (see above ;) )

i have to travel to see snow

now i like it when it comes but it is comical to see all the bread and milk dissapear just because a talking head said it was gonna snow.. my question is what the h#@l is everyone making with bread and milk??????? all i can think of is french toast..... but you never hear of the stores running out of EGGS
    :lol: :P :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• stike
    Options
    funny. when i was a kid, all the moms would run out and buy bread and milk when snow was in the forecast. they don't seem to do that anymore. no idea why.

still, i don't understand the logic anyway. why bread and milk? "it's gonna snow! and we may need to make french toast!" wtf?

i'll tellya what's more.. if it were gonna be a blizzard, my mom would fill the frigging tub with water.

you know what my wife buys when snow is forecast? scotch, ny strips, and wood for the fire. i done good.
  • BENTE
    Options
    that sounds like my kinda WOMAN

i count my blessings daily..... my woman had my child then went to eggtoberfest 14 days....yes i said DAYS later ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Your prayer was answered.