Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is anyone with the smaller eggs Scared of theft?

Options
GIMMESUGGA
GIMMESUGGA Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I constantly fear waking up and having my egg and it's accessories stolen. I've tailgated with it and have had many people drool over it's attractiveness and the great tastes it produces.

Anyway, I've developed a weight sensitive alarm which sounds 110+ decibels at 5 feet when the weight of the egg+cradle (95lbs + 15lbs) fluctuates beyond 2 pounds lighter or 7lbs heavier. I never had near this much coal in it at once! It sits on the cradle in between the egg and cradle.

This is how it works:
If the egg is lifted out of the cradle, then the alarm sounds(110+ decibels at 5 feet!)
If you try to lift it with the cradle it sounds sounds, since the weight of cradle is pinched beyond 117 pounds.
The value of weights can be set to anything.
Yes, this would work for any style egg as well.
I wounder if anyone is interested?
This product was created and patented (by my company)for use in my industry, but I've retooled it for the weight of the egg. It was mostly my kids idea...
The cost is roughly $100 bucks.
Please understand, I'm not soliciting the site, I'm just asking if anyone else sees a need for a product like this...Am i just paranoid?

Ron

Comments