Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm sure someone has asked or answered this already but how long are we logged on before we are automatically logged off? It seems to be about 15 minutes but there's been times when it seemed longer or shorter.

I suspect also that lots of folks don't log on until they have something to contribute, and others log on just for one post and then leave without manually logging off. Thus the need for auto log off.

Spring "Being Logged Off Makes Me Feel LIke I've Been Deleted" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    I inquired about this yesterday on the Feedback forum and WMB responded that the timeout is 1 hour.

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    The webmaster posted last night that it was set for 1 hour and asked if anyone saw something different to notify them.
    Tom
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    I think that's discrimination against the older Eggers. I can't get a cold beer and tinkle in that short bit of time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You could if you move your refrigerator closer to your computer and wear diapers LOL...

Spring "Does Drink'n A Six-Pack Mean The Refrigerator Was Checked Six Times" Chicken
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    That would "depend" on what size fridge I moved in here. 8-}
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    A larger frig calls for larger Depends... LOL

Spring "Diapers Are Not Just A Fashion Statement Anymore" Chicken
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We're investigating this.... we have the forum set to timeout after 1 hour.... but I don't think that is happening... there are apparently timeouts in other places... what kind of timeouts have you guys been experiencing? knowing that would help.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    No problems here. I was just curious.

Keep up the good work.

Spring "All Things Come To He Who Waits" Chicken
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    the only issue i have had with the new forum is the timeout feature. i feel like evertyime i want to post anythin i have to log in i keep checking the box and still 30 min later i have to log in again i wish there was a way to keep us logged on for the day i understand there are some logistical reason why this can't happen (although i do not know exactly what it is). but that is what i would like......

other than that great work both of you . the new place is THE place to be and bee seen

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb