Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outside frying cooker? Thirdeye please.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to buy a outside frying cooker, I am looking for a large one. I want one that has 3 eyes, where I can cook fish, fries and hush puppies at the same time. I have several fish cookers, turkey fryers and 2 BGE'S. I bascially want something I can carry to a tailgate and cook 2 or 3 different items at once on. I saw some LSU fans at the Al verses LSU game that had one. Caballas has one that I am considering but not real happy with, anyone have any ideas where I look for a good one? Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I got the 2 burner 2 basket model of these and LOVE it...we used it at Tikifest to deep fry catfish and corn fritters..the thing is well built, heats fast, and is pretty easy to clean...I ordered direct, and they are a pleasure to deal with
    http://www.bubbasovens.com/carolina_fryer.htm
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Bamadad,
    I would look in a hardware store. One that deals in outdoor cooking. Maybe an EGG dealer. I know of one in Baton Rouge called Goodwood Hardware. [p]Not sure of the locations in your area. [p]Hope this helps.
    Mike

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    I'm probably not a good resource on this one, I mean I like fried fish, shrimp, oysters and such, but I generally cook for two on a single propane burner with my dutch oven or in a little deep fryer. When I go mobile, it's for a weekend of ice fishing.

DSC02529abc.jpg

Something like that outfit that Wes mentioned sounds like what you are after. Or, maybe check with a commercial cooking supply company for some ideas.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Bamadad, try Academy Sports and I have seen them at Lowe's, Sam's, and B J's. I know Lowe's has had them because I purchase one a few weeks ago on clearance.[p]Hope this helped.
    Poppasam

• East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Mike,

You are always very nice and helpful on the forum.

You deserve Karma.

Greg
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Bamadad,[p]I've bought the PC-200 two eye burner about 10 years ago; still works like a champ. There are a couple of other models to check out too.[p]Puj
    [ul][li]Superb Burners[/ul]