Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
who has a recipe for the bacon wrapped tenderloin

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    kirk davison,
    Here`s the link to Mr. Toads pork "loin" recipe..it`s not a tenderloin, but I dont se why you couldn`t adapt it...unless you are reffering to something totally different..[p]Wess

[ul][li]Mr. Toad[/ul]
  • kirk davison,[p]I don't have a "recipe" per se, but here's how I do my maple syrup & bacon tenderloins.[p]1) Dust tenderloin with salt, pepper, and paprika to your taste.[p]2)Completely wrap tenderloin in bacon and secure with toothpicks. Looser bacon allows more maple syrup to get onto the loin.[p]3) Egg it at 350 until an internal temp of 165 is reached. Direct grilling makes bacon crispier, and tenderloin is slightly drier. Indirect over a drip pan with apple juice, white wine, beer or whatever makes for soggier bacon but a much jucier tenderloin. I prefer the indirect.[p]4) During the last 10-15 degrees (starting at 150-155 internal) glaze with real maple syrup, flip loin and glaze again. Do this 3-4 times. Use real maple syrup, the fake stuff tastes bland and tends to burn, imparting a bitter flavor.[p]This is simple and easy and tastes really good.[p]--Kevin[p]
  • Oops! I meant to put this in the last post. Further down the forum, there's a post by Stephen called "I got it". there's a pretty good discussion about tenderloins and Ravnhaus has a link to some pictures of the one he did.
    Check it out if you get a chance.[p]--Kevin

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Ca-rnivore,[p]Sometimes you run up on something that appears stimulate the taste buds. This is one of those times.[p]Thanks for sharing the great post. I have printed it out and I'm heading to the grocer with this in hand.[p]

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    kirk davison,
    check link below

[ul][li]quick pork tenderloin[/ul]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    ravnhaus,
    That looks and sounds great..Thanks for sharing it with us.[p]Wess