Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Disappointment

Options
2»

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i gotta agree. i'm sure you've seen the charcoal lump episode on "Dirty Jobs". making this stuff, and filling bags, is a dirty, human-intensive process. There's so much natural product involved, too, that i can forgive a rock or two. even insulation, etc.

i think the price of a bag of lump reflects that there will be imperfections, rather than the price being for something "perfect" and any imperfection means that you are being ripped off.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I'm in pretty tight with the Dalai Lama, LOL. -RP
  • ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    Mike Are you using Best Choice at the present time? If you are where is it sold and approx cost per bag.

David
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    you have email coming at ya, but yes somebody is trying to bury me for some reason. Apparently he gets some sick pleasure as he has whacked me daily from a positive 7 to this negative 1. I just wish he would be man enough to email me so we could resolve the issue!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YYZash
    YYZash Posts: 44
    Options
    Wow, I have been complaining after a couple of bags of Grove charcoal I have some moon pebbles blocking my breather holes. Well after seeing the pictures here I have nothing to complain about.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I'm happy to have a karma of 0. I have said it before, I think the karma thing is probably going to be more trouble than fun. Who knows?
    The Naked Whiz
  • Gandy Dancer
    Options
    This is what I use, which is made by Royal Oak. 40# bag for $20.00, have had real good luck with.Lump.jpg
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Great price on that. I think all I have seen in nature glo is the 20# bags. You, my friend, are the winner.

G