Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 lb. pork roast on tonight......

Options
Marv
Marv Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put this roast on at 5:00 P.M. @ 300 indirect but roast is about maybe 2 inches from dome thermometer. Top wide open and bottom at about 1/4 in" open. Have Nu-temp inserted and now an hour and 40 min. later, reading 129. Have it set at 145 to go off.
Some wind so I put in a little more lump than usual and temp is holding perfect.
Enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow for sure, maybe more.[p]Marv

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Hey Marv! How's it going Mang?
    I'm curious about the cut of pork you're cooking and how you prepared it. ie spices, rubs and whatnot.
    It's 10pm here and I have yet to have my dinner. Too late to cook on the egg with what I got in the fridge so I will probably settle for leftovers. Oh well, can't complain with day old and heated up BBQ accompanied by an India Pale Ale.
    WD

• Marv
    Options
    WooDoggies, Hey buddie, I actually did something I had posted earlier that I was not too fond of and that was I bought one already marinaded. It was by John Morrell and was marinaded in onion & Garlic as main ingredients. It was actually very good. Wife didn't like the 150 degree center though. She really wirnkled her nose and didn't eat very much.
    If she was company, I would say "great, more for me later" but being's I have to live with her, I will bring it up to 155. It took excatly 2 hrs from the time I put it on after leaving the roast sit at room temp for 1 hour before cooking.
    I added 1 chunk of Hickory before I put the meat on and I think it was a good addition. Not too much, just right.[p]Marv

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Yo Marv, hey, sounds bodacious to me! You'll have to educate me on this John Morrell feller.
    I find it's hard to go wrong with any cut of pig. period. Slap it on the barbie and I am one happy consumer in the end. Especially when you add the sweet scent of hickory to the equation.[p]I am full and way tired. I am bound for bed & barely able to type. Sleep well and I will yell at you in the tomorrow.
    Yowza,
    WD [p]

• Marv
    Options
    WooDoggies, John Morrell is a brand of meats, I thought was nation wide. Maybe only in the west though.[p]Marv