Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner tonight ... Spatchcocked Cornish Hens

Options
SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
CornishHen.jpg
<p />These were delicious and very simple to do. Smoked indirect over platesetter and drip pan with cherry and guava wood at 265º till 175º internal. Simply seasoned with EVOO, salt and pepper with a little thyme for good measure. Delicious and they didn't last long!

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Very nice! -RP
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    This is strange: I cannot see the picture on this post -- only the IMG character string, but in this reply mode, I can see the picture.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I can not see your picture here at the "new . net" site, but at the "old forum" site I can see you picture perfectly.
    It look great by the way.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• I don't have a clue. I can't seem to see the pic on this site at my end, but it's there on the other (old) site.
    My profile doesn't work on the this site, and they activated my profile with someone else's e-mail address... bugaboos I guess?

I'm having to post here as a guest!

Good luck to those trying to fix the flaws! :unsure:

SuperDave
  • I don't have a clue. I can't seem to see the pic on this site at my end, but it's there on the other (old) site.
    My profile doesn't work on the this site, and they activated my profile with someone else's e-mail address... bugaboos I guess?

I'm having to post here as a guest!

Good luck to those trying to fix the flaws! :unsure:

SuperDave
  • Ha! Now it appears to be double posting my responses... :pinch:
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    If you resize your pics to 800x600 or 640x480 before uploading or linking to them on photobucket, everyone can see them OK in the threaded, classic, and wide view modes on the new forum.

Otherwise you have to go back to the forum home, select forums, and be in the screen where you see the menu bar on the left, and the forum on the right part of the screen to see the larger images.
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    From the "Do not click back after posting thread":

Clicking the back button after posting has been identified as the cause of the numerous duplicate messages we've been seeing lately.

If you wait for two or three seconds, you should be taken to your post.

You can also click on the (admittedly tiny) links to go either to your post immediately, or to the forum index if you prefer.
  • Geaux Tigers
    Options
    SuperDave,
    where do you get guava wood?

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    Geaux Tigers,[p]Sorry this reply is so late... I hope you get it. It came from Greg Kemp. He is on the site a bit, sells it for around 20.00 a box shipped from Hawaii. Goes a long way.[p]Google him if you can't find him here. Kemp Guava Wood.
    Cheers!