Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

really bummed! hope someone has some good advice.

Options
citychicken
citychicken Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
in the old forum i was able to save an entire thread with adobe acrobat professional and with only a few clicks of my mouse. of course, the file / thread was saved in pdf format. however, the cool thing was that all links contained within the thread or any of the posts remained active. and could follow any of the links to their appropriate page or site. the saved thread which may have contained 25 posts for example would result in a pdf file approximately 100 KB in size. even if pics were contained in the thread the file was still quite small.

see where i am going with that?

in the new forum attempting the same process i get all this extraneous info that is not needed - like all the profiles of the member roster, html code, and a whole bunch of other stuff from the entire forum that i haven't been able to filter out as of yet. so what used to be a small file, can now be 100 megs or more and take 15 minutes to process.

now mind you i am not complaining about the new forum, ' cause i think it is really coming along well. i am just wondering how y'all save your favorite threads / posts?

i thought of just doing the bookmark thing, unfortunately though you never know if a particular post will make it in the archives or will even be active in the future. (this based upon how posts and threads were lost in the old forum.)

the cut and paste can be a drag and a hassle.

i even have used a program called fullshot which will take screen shots. the problem with this is that the file is saved in formats which don't have active text edit capability.

so how are all of you saving your favorite posts?

geeze talk about being long winded.

thanks
mark

Comments

• RastaEGG
    Options
    I am sure you did but did you try classic view?
  • citychicken
    Options
    yeah sure have. actually tried all the views. teh result is the same.

by the way, from your link it would appear you do the ms 150. i've been doing it for the last five years. of course as you may well know, there are lots of people who do it who should never be on a bike doing 150 miles. many with heart warming individual reason. yeah man for them.

one dude in ohio did the ride on a unicycle. geeze talk about craziness!

keep on eggin and riding.

mark

btw, have you found a way to rig an egg to the bike yet?
  • RastaEGG
    Options
    I figured you already tried that.

This will be my third year doing it, we have a team of about 25 or so that just ride for fun. Most of us ride crappy mountain bikes so it's even more of a challenge. Holy crap on a uni, that sounds impossible to me :blink: Last year we raised about 14000 dollars.
    When you see all the peeps at the finish line rooting you on - Man it's just a great feeling as you know.

All the teams love our name, it's AWOPASPICALIMEY
    3 co-workers(A WOP A SPIC A LIMEY) started doing it as a bet and it has really grown from there.

Maybe this year I will get a red rider wagon and bring the small egg with me :)

Good luck with the saving stuff!