Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

jack daniels pellets

mo eggmo egg Posts: 140
edited 3:16AM in EggHead Forum
has anyone used jack daniels pellets for smoking? thought about getting some to try but i thought i would ask the eggsperts.
·

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    They work just fine! I also use the JD chips!
    ·
  • ChefDaveChefDave Posts: 142
    I just finished two Boston butts and I use the Jack Daniels pellets> If I used the pellets on a regular basis I would rather use then in my Treager grill but since the coming of the Big Green Eggs, I don't use my Treager and it's for sale. :)
    ·
  • ChefDaveChefDave Posts: 142
    I just finished two Boston butts and I use the Jack Daniels pellets> If I used the pellets on a regular basis I would rather use then in my Treager grill but since the coming of the Big Green Eggs, I don't use my Treager and it's for sale. :)
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    Heck yeah....I just throw a handful into the lump while its burning and throw my meat on. I don't bother w/the foil packet....it is nothing but sawdust of the JD barrels and the way the BGE works w/chips....I treat them as such

Good luck

Jan :)
    ·