Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plant stands for Mini

Options
EmandM'sDad
EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know who carries the plant stands that work so well for the mini? I've looked at both Home Depot and Lowes. Haven't found one at eithervplace..
Although it could be that looking for plant stands in winter just doesn't make sense. Thanks for any help.
Mike

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    I got mine from my dealer.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I bought this one at Walmart a couple years ago for like $8. This is a slide show so click on it and wait a few seconds. The only reason I showed the side angle was to show that it does not topple over when openned.

th_IMG_0701.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I like that shot with the table upside down, acting as a carrier. Do you travel with it like that?

I am looking for something for my mini that will keep it from tipping during travel.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Got mine at Home Depot.

HTH
    Ken
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    yes, we do, but keep in mind that mini - when standing upright - has a high center of gravity so it will roll if not snugged up to something more stable in your vehicle.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    This may be what you are looking for

MiniBGE.jpg

When the stand is tipped over, the egg sits inside and goes in the back of my pickup for travel. It is necessary to take the top off so it doesn't bounce off. This idea has been used by many on the forum for various sizes of eggs. This table was made from scrap plywood and a scrap 2x4 screwed and glued together. I added a couple of 1x1 strips on opposite sides as you can see below the BGE draft. That makes handling more secure when picking up the table and egg for transport.
    Dave
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    Really nice work, great looking stand and versatile too.

Bill
    B & C
    ATL, GA
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I've got a mini stand I'll sell you for $6.00 plus shipping. E-mail me at akamrsdog at comcast dot net. You can pay by credit card or Paypal. Julie