Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lower Vent Blow Out

Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
edited 4:50PM in EggHead Forum
Don't drive and talk on a cell phone equally, don't talk on the phone and close off the top vent while the bottom vent is wide open! I know better than this, got distracted and WHOOSH!
I am glad my Egg has the screen in the bottom vent. It blocked the big stuff from flying out on my bare legs and feet. All I got was a hot puff of air and a wake-up call! So, for those of you who don't know close off the bottom vent first and those who do, but talk on the ohone while cooking... I hope this helps.
The doctor says my leg hair should grow back normally![p]Uncle Phil

·

Comments

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    You're right, Phil. Especially if you have a hot fire goin' on in there, you can even get flames out the bottom vent.

4-29-pizza4-web.jpg

Yowza!

TRex
    ·
  • NessmukNessmuk Posts: 251
    Uncle Phil,
    I finally realized that we are dealing with a generation(s)of people who never experienced "pot bellie" stoves.[p]They don't know about drafts, stove pipes, shaker grates, etc.[p]For 9 months a year I light & burn an 1923 model stove from a train station. In my home state Pennsylvania, we used coal. I not have an abundance of wood so I burn wood each Sunday for 10 hours.[p]The temp was not rising to the normal 1000 degees today. So I inserted the poker in the shaker, grate extension. I could hear the draft increse in velocity as the burned ashes fell to the bottom. The fire & temp increased to the standard of 1000 degrees.[p]The BGE is no different except it doesn't have a shaker grate.[p]

·
  • Uncle Phil,
    Is that the "reverse sear" they were talking about???

·