Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak lump opinions

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Walmart ran out of the Royal Oak lump I always use and doesn't know when they will get any more. A local grocrey store has Ozark Oak lump year around. I just called to make sure. Im sure Wizz has review on his web site but "net nanney" hear at work will not let me axcess it. Is it as good as Royal Oak? Thanks

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Talk about luck!!!!!!! You can buy Ozark Oak locally! I have to drive over 500 miles to buy it! Seriously OO beats RO hands down IMHO.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Buy it! I wish I could, but no one carries it. It has a good mixture of sizes, and burns well. When I go fishing on the white river in Arkansas, I load up.
    Hammer
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    I live in South Arkansas I guess is why its easy to get.I thought "Ozark" was just a name. I guess it is made in N Arkansas. Both of you talk like its worth switching over to full time. Have the wife pick up a sack tomorrow.
  • Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    Please read my review under the "Charcoal" forum on the new board. I really, really, REALLY recommend Ozark Oak.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    It just so happens that OO is TNW's top-rated lump. If you can get it, get it.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    I bought mine in Mountain Home. It's a great lump; I believe you'll be pleased.
    Hammer
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Called the wife and told her to pick up a bag tomorrow after church. I'll be crashed form graveyards and one more to go. Mike I am on the .net forum and looked under "charcoalforum" and did not see your review. The same one asking about platesetter legs up or down?
  • Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    Looks like that forum was taken down...i posted a message out there that was to caution folks against going with B&B Expert's Choice--that stuff is really sparky.

I went back to Ozark Oak (I buy the 10lb bags here in the Austin area) and I must say that it is some really great charcoal. I'd have to place Royal Oak a very close second.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Options
    I have called Ozark Oak and you can buy it by the pallet full and have it shipped to you. You will have to work out the shipping arrangements.
    A pallet full is 64 bags and cost $206.60.
    Find 3 or 4 egg heads in your area and spit it up.
    I am probably going to order mine next week.