Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A reminder

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys and Gals,

This is just a reminder that the things you are posting over here will not be seen at the current forum (www.eggheadforum.com).

When the switch happens this format will be located at the current forum's address, www.eggheadforum.com and this forum (greeneggers.net) will go away.

So until the switch happens you might want to stay on the current forum or at least be aware that the things you post here are not being seen in the real world over there.

Is everyone thoroughly confused now?

Comments

• BlueRidge
    Options
    I guess I am confused.

greeneggers.net is only a temp site.

We will, at some point in the near future return to the *.com address...

Is this correct?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Great! Net Nanny hear at work locks it down when you go to EGGHEAD.COM but lets me in on the EGGERS.NET so I can keep up on graveyards. When it switches I'll be locked out for good. :angry: LEAVE IT NET GUYS!!!!!!!!!
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    There's no need for confusion, this site is being tested ("beta" as we software geeks call it :-) ); so, we need for it to be used or it won't be tested.

If everyone goes back to the old forum, then we'll not be able to gauge the stability and general fitness of the new one; so, don't do that. If you can post here, then by all means do so; however, it is true that the posts here do no appear back "on the other side".

Logically, therefore, viewing posts from here is the simple way not to miss any; and, posting on the old forum ensures that your post shows up here too. The trouble with doing that, aside from being inconvenient, is that is does not thoroughly test this side. So, if you can stay here, then please do. If you are having problems, then let us know so we can address the issue.

I suppose that one way we'll know when it's time to complete the switch would be when there are almost no posts appearing on the old forum; and, no major problems on this one. We have already seen a significant decrease in volume on the old forum; so, it appears that we are getting close by that measure.

Thanks to everyone for your patience while we complete this process,
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    JLOCKHART29,

I'm sorry to hear that, but I've no control over the final domain name -- personally, I'm partial to greeneggers.net (take off on "Green Acres"), but that's not my call.

I'm not sure why "Net Nanny" has blocked eggheadforum.com, but it seems likely that they'd get around to blocking greeneggers.net too if we stayed here long enough; so, you'd probably be in the same boat eventually anyway. I suggest you talk to "Net Nanny" if possible -- if not, then we hope at least to see you in your off-time.

Regards,
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    applause, applause

appause.gif
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea.

Interesting to know that the forum is very important to many and sometimes it gets a little emotional here. It's fun to test the waters and wade out at bit, even though there are fresh water sharks. he he

I think WMK is doing a fine job. ;)

Ok, I'll weigh anchor and head back.
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    so you are saying this is a fake world and no one will see me if i put on my pink tutu and twirl around aimlessly? COOL! :woohoo: *twirls*
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    WMK, The .com site lockes it under "lifestyles and forums". Not work related .wink wink. For some reason it doesn't realize .net as such. You are probably right "she'll" figure it out in time.lol Not to worry I got plenty of time while I Egg to surf at home. Just real nice to "Egg" on graveyards.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Yes that is correct.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    OK, now I am totally confused. I thought "over there" was going away and becoming "over here". Now it seems "over here" is going to become "over there"?!? I am not sure where I should be. I think I will just worry about it another day.....and go cook something to make me feel better.