Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here We Go!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got pork tenderloin with apple wood as you suggested. I am having a bit of trouble keeping the temp at 350, it wants to stay a touch below. Earlier, it was at 500 with no problem, unlike some first time posts. One thing I notice is I smell like smoke - it's wonderful![p]My wife got home...no bad signs yet. She even invited her friend over to see the Egg. No enthusiasm either, but wait till the tenderloin is done!!!! If you guys are right, I will be THE MAN!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Stephen,[p]Good luck with the cook - tenderloin is a favorite of mine. 350 deg is an easy temp to hold - you open the lower vent 1" or less and open the little holes on the daisy to open. That will get you 350-375 deg and that is fine for pork tenders. It still takes a tweek here and there to hold it at 350, it gets easier with practice.[p]Tim
  • Tim M,[p]I'm holding so far. Thanks for the tip. The first of many I will need, I'm sure.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Stephen,
    I would suggest an internal temp of aeound 145° hopefully others will chime in...but thats where I pull my pork tenderloins..let it rest for some 15 minutes and your good to go...wishin you the best..[p]Wess

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Stephen, Is this your first born or your first EGG? I know how you feel. I was so eggcited when I got mine. My egg that is. Good luck and when you have extra time be sure to try beef jerky.
    Sunday is steak and shrimp day.
    If nobody has warned you be careful about guests opening the lid and the release hatch.[p]CWM

• Car Wash Mike,[p]Thanks, Mike. This is my first EGG, and what an EGG it is. Pork Tenderloin was fantastic.[p]I have been warned against backdraft. Hope it never happens.

• Stephen,[p]good ... you will save some arm hair.... but I think Mike was speaking of people not knowing to release the lever on the hinge and forcing it closed... thus popping the dome out of the band and onto the ground into a pile of shards.[p]Best to just tell them...Hand Off Please... or inservice them of the functioning of the hinge and the release lever.[p]Happy Egging.. BB