Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin

Options
searay
searay Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know that I have seen this discussed and I thought I had bookmarked a recipe, but apparently I did not. Just picked up a 7# tenderloin and had the butcher trim it. Want to put on the BGE this everning. Looking for a recipe. Thanks.

PS: This time I will save it.

Comments

• ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    Options
    I like to use just salt, pepper and olive on them. Sear and then roast for about 30 minutes. Watch then closely, and pull at 122 for rare.

tenders.jpg
  • searay
    searay Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, but at what temp fr the roast?
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    Options
    I use the TRex method. Sear it over a very very hot fire -- say 500 to 600 degrees. Take the tenderloin off, and close your Egg until it drops to 375 to 400. Then put the tenderloin back in, close the dome (but monitor it closely) and pull the meat when it is at about 122.
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Coat meat with olive oil, dust with seasoned salt, fresh cracker pepper, and herbs de Provence (Italian seasoning will do) rubbed in on all sides.
    Roast indirect at 375, 6-8 minutes per lb to 120 internal, remove meat and cover with foil. Remove indirect setup and bring Egg up to 700 and sear in 3 even turns about 45 seconds per side.
    Remove to a pan or platter large enough to accomodate, cover with foil and rest for about 15-20 minutes.
    Reserve juices for au jus, or reduce for gravy if preffered, slice and serve.