Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjusting the bands after Rutland install

Wasted Words
Wasted Words Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I installed my new Rutland gasket yesterday (hopefully the image works). Everything worked out great. However, I'm getting some smoke bleeding out of one side (back hinge area to about 1/2 way up one side). It's minimal, but it covers about 1/4 of the top.
I did not unspring the bands when I removed them (mainly because I never thought I'd be able to get the springs back on). I loosened the band assembly and removed it in the closed position. During the reinstall the top band opened. I put the lid in the band and returned it to the closed position. I tightened the lower band then the top band. It seemed to fit fine, but I guess I've got a positioning issue? It holds temp. fine and steady. It also shuts down fine.

I plan on loosening the bands and repositioning things, but wanted to check in an see if anyone had this issue when removing the bands. Should I remove the springs? If so, is there an easy (easier, LOL) way?
Also will the loss of smoke/heat in that area damage the Rutland?
Thanks

IMG_0006.jpg

Comments