Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cayn't get enough o dat frainch braid!

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I popped out of bed this morning, and got walloped with this "gotta-make-bread-again" feeling. Before you knew it I had flour all over the place. After a 3 hour first rise, and a 30 minute second rise I formed the loaves. Misted a tad, covered with a towel. 90 more minutes to cooking time. Thanks Mary for the tips about slashing the top just before egging. Also I followed some other advice (was it C~W) which said to stir the yeast into the warm water with a toothpick dipped in honey. Man, them little critters went berzerk!![p]Thanks everyone for all the tips. As a non-breadmaker, I have been able to achieve great results quickly, and I find myself on a frenzied mission. You could say my brain's yeasties are in full swing. If I can do it, anyone can be egging bread in no time. The third time seems like a lot less of a hassle when working with this strange stuff they call dough.[p]I think this bread stuff has become my most pleasant suprise so far with the egg. And there have been lots of suprises. Alright, maybe a good brisket ranks up there, but bread is right there with it.[p]Got my mojo risin.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Nature Boy,[p]How 'bout this for the best of both worlds.[p]Take a piece of that french bread and cut it lengthwise in half. Then, take some of that BBQ brisket with some good sauce and put it on top of one half of that bread. Take the other half of the french bread and put it on top of the BBQ. Kinda like a sammich. Enjoy, bread sounds awesome.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    sprinter,
    That is what I had in mind with my leftover picnic roast.
    Little bit o mustard!
    Gonna ccok chicken tonight, something simple as it is 3:30 and I haven't marinated it. Maybe a mustard rub with lemon pepper and telicherry pepper.[p]French braid goes on at 4:30. Chicken goes on after that. Indirect at 375-400. Go get the kids. Hour later come home to nearly done chicken, and fully rested rainch braid!!![p]I am making 2 loaves so I will have dem sammiches you talkin bout for lunch tomorrow.[p]Yeasties rule.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ