Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Meats in NoVA

ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
edited 9:21PM in EggHead Forum
I'm interested in hearing from other Northern Virginia Eggheads - where do you buy your meats?

I get my pork shoulders at the "H" Mart stores, but it can be hit and miss sometimes, although Wednesday I got the meat guy in Fairfax to fix me up with a nice 12 pound shoulder piece that he cut from a giant 25 pound hunk of meat (he thought I wanted the whole thing). Normally it's easy to find 8-9 pounders in the meat case at the Merrifield store. I buy all of my whole chickens and beef at Costco along with their salmon, and I buy other fresh fish at "H" Mart (mostly bluefish, which is great on the Egg).

Where do my NoVA neighbors buy their meats?

Jack
·

Comments

• I buy my butts, ribs, and chicken from Whole Foods. The quallity of the pork is really a step above what the big pig factories can produce. For brisket, Costco has good flats.
    For a real treat for beef of any sort go to Union Meats at the Eastern Market in d.c.

Brett
    ·
  • Thanks Brett! I'll give Whole Foods a try. Do they stock the large pork cuts or do you have to order them?
    ·