Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Wings Recipes

lonmoore
lonmoore Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Using the Egg
Looking for some great chicken wings recipes. If you have a favorite and would want to share it, this would be appreciated.
Thanks
LM :)

Comments

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    I like to slow smoke and then grill my wings.

Throw the wings in a big bowl. Mix in a little olive oil and sprinkle with your dry rub of choice. DP Raging River is nice and spicy, or try garlic powder and some Hot Hungarian Paprika.

Set up the egg indirect with plate setter and smoke with some hickory or pecan wood for about 3 or 4 hours at 225 degrees. A raised grid or multi level set up is great for holding more wings.

Pull the wings off and throw them in another large, clean bowl and coat them liberally with BBQ sauce.

Let them rest and cool with the sauce for about 20 to 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, while the sauce settles and sticks to the wings.

During this time pull out the plate setter and set up the egg for a hot direct grill around 450 to 500 degrees.

Grill the wings for a just a few minutes on each side to crisp the outside and char the sauce.

Only do about a dozen at a time (or fewer at hotter temps) so you can keep up with turning and pulling them off before they burn.

These turn out really nice and lean since most of the fat is melted off during the smoking phase.

Nice crispy, charred outside with a moist smokey inside.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Naked wiz has lots of downloadable recipes.
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm
    Lots of good stuff here.

Steven Raichlen's 425 Fiery Recipes has a couple of nice wing recipes.
    Also Dr BBQ's Road Trip has one for Bloody Mary wings which is different, but I liked um and I will make them again.
  • Tommy
    Actually if you find the recipe for Magic Dust in one of the eggfest books on naked whiz site and just liberally coat the wings with magic dust and cook them the way you like them they will be pretty good.
  • Tommy
    Actually if you find the recipe for Magic Dust in one of the eggfest books on naked whiz site and just liberally coat the wings with magic dust and cook them the way you like them they will be pretty good.
  • Tommy
  • Soak the wings in beer overnight, then pat dry and season / rub w your favorite spices.... Finish w favor sauce... AWESOME!