Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Keeping Spatchcocked Chicken skin from getting hard?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not sure what happened this last time, but the Skin ended up being kind of hard and rubbery. Anyone have ideas on how to keep the skin on Spatchcocked chicken crispy?[p]Thanks!
·

Comments

• Jamesw,[p]If you are not doing so, rub the chicken with olive oil, or any other cooking oil.[p]elFloyd
    ·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    Jamesw,[p]Oiling the skin will help. So will cooking at a higher temperature; I do butterflied chicken direct at about 300 dome. Flip the skin side toward the fire for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.[p]Cathy

·
  • elFloyd,[p]Yep, I am already using Olive Oil coating around the skin. I will try a higher temperature. I think i had a too-low temp for awhile (When I first put the chicken in the temp dropped a lot and took a long time to come back.)[p]I guess I need to open the vents up to get the 350 back fast![p]

·