Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keeping Spatchcocked Chicken skin from getting hard?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not sure what happened this last time, but the Skin ended up being kind of hard and rubbery. Anyone have ideas on how to keep the skin on Spatchcocked chicken crispy?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• elFloyd
    Options
    Jamesw,[p]If you are not doing so, rub the chicken with olive oil, or any other cooking oil.[p]elFloyd
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Jamesw,[p]Oiling the skin will help. So will cooking at a higher temperature; I do butterflied chicken direct at about 300 dome. Flip the skin side toward the fire for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.[p]Cathy

• elFloyd,[p]Yep, I am already using Olive Oil coating around the skin. I will try a higher temperature. I think i had a too-low temp for awhile (When I first put the chicken in the temp dropped a lot and took a long time to come back.)[p]I guess I need to open the vents up to get the 350 back fast![p]