Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This might help to log on??

Options
Luvs to shoot clay
Luvs to shoot clay Posts: 774
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am not very smart with computers. That being said, this is something I noticed that confused me at first. It may not help most of the users but this is what I noticed.
When I set up my profile on the new forum, where it asked me for a user name I put - Luvs to shoot clay. When it asked me for my Name/Handle I put the same thing - Luvs to shoot clays. When I tried to log on the very first time I was not able to by using Luvs to shoot clays as my user name so I did the password help and received email to user name Luvstoshootclays (no spaces). When I used this user name and the new password it worked first time. After that I went to the profile and put my own password back in and it seems to work fine. I know this is pretty basic stuff but it was a little confusing to me so maybe it will help some one. Let me know if it does.

Willy

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hey man! You must be back at work after visiting home for the holidays. Hope they were good for you.

I thought you might have time to swing by but maybe next time. The door's open.

Have a great New Year, and if our New Year doesn't work for you, maybe the Chinese New Year will.

Spring "Year Of The Rat" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Good info. I was able to log into my old handle but not my new one.

It's a starting point.

Spaceman Spiff/Toy Man
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Now if I could just update my profile all would be well.

Spacey
  • woolyegg
    Options
    Still no luck here. I tried having a new password sent and tried log in in up top on the right and down on the left. but My new handle does show up as woolyegg under members online. But i have to enter all my info to post , no place does it say welcome Juliem4444 or woolyegg. If i click on a members name to see their profile it says i have to log in. when I log in it says i am activated and can log in. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? At least my KARMA has come up with my frustration! LOL glad it is easier to control the temp on my egg than post on here. Julie
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Julie,

Here is what I did to logon with the old ID on the new forum:

1. Requested a password reset. This was sent to the profile e-mail listed on the old forum.

2. Attempted to login on the left-hand side. Received an error message that had me chasing my own tail in circles.

3. Logged using the button on the upper right-hand side of the page. Presto!

Of course, now my old handle states that I am a newby egger with almost no posts, although I know that I've dropped several hundred posts in the past few months.

I'm keeping active on both profiles just in case there is a code update and I don't have a way of logging in with one account or the other.
  • mtn egger
    Options
    You will only be a newbie for a little while. I have 31 posts and I'm uo to a junor egger. Some experts (like you) might not like newbie status. lol
    mtn egger
  • mtn egger
    Options
    You had Mike-RR up to senior status and then you abandoned him !!!
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I will definately drop by while I am home this time. I will be home after Jan. 10 so I will drop you a note when I get back. Spent the last days off putting a new roof on my own hen house. Can't wait to see yours.

Willy