Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tequila Marinated Chicken

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started marinating a bunch of chicken breasts Saturday night in a tequila-based marinade in preparation for cooking them on the EGG Sunday afternoon. WOW!!! The marinade had tequiloa, olive oil, onions, lime juice loads of garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. To be sure, the atmosphere in the house was filled with garlic for hours and hours. BUT, the results were worth it. I fired the EGG up Sunday afternoon and put the chicken on at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes each side. As usual, the neighbors came running! Love to see that smoke make its way all through the neighborhood. Really, a simple meal but.....WOW! Just thought I'd share it with you.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Doug,
    Sounds incredible. Thanks. Printed it out.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Doug,
    What you described is a very versatile way of making chicken. You could just eat the chicken breast whole or you could cut them apart and assemble them as part of some the best Fajitas, burritos or tacos that you have ever had.[p]I may be tempted to add a little cumin. But I would definitely add some mesquite to the fire.[p]I wish that I had had time to egg last night, but I had to opt for the Cast Iron instead. Come to think of it I could have egged the cast iron. Anyways, I just made some ground beef with Mexican Seasoning, beer, onions and garlic. We place the meat in some Chocolate Tortillas along with lettuce, raw onion, sour cream, Asiago cheese and Rio Bravo Mesquite Roasted Jalapeno and Tommatillo Salsa.[p]It was a quick and easy meal. I just want you to know, though, you had the meal that I was thinking about.[p]Congrats on the meal,
    RhumAndJerk[p]PS: No Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, Sorry

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, good ideas...next time I'll spice the marinade up a bit, add some mesquite to the fire and go for fajitas!! Gee, the possibilities are endless!

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Sounds like a great recipe, and the extra tequila can keep the chef happy. :-)