Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can You Believe??? The Best Nachos you've ever had!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last nite we made nachos on the egg. This isn't the first time we have done them but I have to say they keep getting better and better. If you haven't tried them you should. They are great as an appetizer or as a whole meal. They don't take long either 10-15 min at 350-400 dome temp. The smoke flavor and crisy chips really can't be beat. Here is the setup:
Place Tostitos chips (or whatever you like) on pizza stone. Spread on your fixings (refried beans, jalapenos, cheese, chiles, salsa and chorizo sausage). Place on preheated grill at 350-400 or if it is coming up to temp...place on grill and it will cold smoke some.[p]Check back every 10min or so... You will love them.

Comments

• Coals, hey,, your first name is the same as my last. A very good point about the added plus of smoke on dishes of all types. This is one of the things you can have with ceramic cooking that leaves all other methods sleeping in the shade. Mexican style cooks were invented for natural charcoal smoke. And, if you happen to accidentally drop a chunk of mesquite or pecan on the hot coals,, that will never be considered a sin. Thanks Coals.

• K.O.C.,[p]Thanks for the comments. My wife and I love mexican food. We have not done anything other than Fajitas, and nachos for mexican however. Any suggestions?[p]Thanks

• Coals,
    Sounds great. Do you think it would hurt to put a sheet of tin foil on the stone? I just hate the thought of the cheese, etc. baking onto the stone. Foil would make the cleanup a lot easier.

• EdB,[p]I don't think that it would hurt. I have not done it with foil however. You can't hurt the stone with the cheese however and the chips turn out real crispy and with a smoke flavor. [p]Great eating,[p]

• memphis egg
    Options
    coals,
    Another twist to this nacho thing is to include a heaping pile of pulled shoulder or BBQ chicken on the nachos. Add a little BBQ sauce and you will be in heaven.