Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP! Can't find lamb recipe

HokieBGE
HokieBGE Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thought I saw a macadamia-encrusted rack of lamb recipe (with pics) a couple of weeks ago, but can't find it. I want to try it for New Year's Eve. Has anyone else seen it? [p]If not, can you give me a can't-miss lamb recipe for 6 people?

Comments

• HokieBGE,
    I've got a few. Are you doing chops or a roast?

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• HokieBGE,
    Chris has a good one, complete with pictures. Mouthwatering....

[ul][li]Dizzy Pig's rack of lamb recipe[/ul]
  • Mike in MN,
    Looks awesome, but my Dizzy Pig cupboard is bare. I need a rub that I can make myself...

• Dawgtired,[p]Haven't decided. Whatcha got?
  • HokieBGE,
    If you want to grill it on the egg I would go simple. I think something like a rub may overpower the meat. This will serve four so I'll leave it to you to adjust to what you need. Slice the lamb horizontally just enough so you can open it like a book. Then make several slahes w/ the point of your knife in the meat to let the marinade soak through. Crush and peel four cloves of garlic, add two T fresh lemon juice, 4 T olive oil, 2 t Herbs de Provence in a container and shake to thicken. Pour this over the lamb, cover tightly and marinate for at least 4 hours up to overnight. I have a recipe for a potato, pancetta, arugla salad that would make you a hero, to go with this.
    On the other hand, if you want to cook it in the oven and make your house smell like a Mediterranean village then we can go there. You can use Marsala and balsamic vinegar or a combo of anchovies, garlic and rosemary.
    Let me know....[p]

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Dawgtired,
    Definitely want to "Egg" it. Let the recipes fly!

• HokieBGE,
    Check back in a little while...I need to run to the store but I will be back w/ the salad recipe.

Ronald Reagan

• HokieBGE,
    OK, if you are grilling go with the Marinade. Now for the salad for 4:
    Warm 2T EVOO in a saute pan or high side frying pan over moderate heat...when it starts to bubble, add 2 lg. cloves of garlic/ peeled and crushed and the pancetta(3.5oz) ...cook slowly until the fat melts into the oil. Add about 2 lbs of Russett potatoes(scraped and thinly sliced) still over moderate heat. After about 15 mins. they will soften and may crumble a little. Now roughly chop about 4 oz of rocket if you can find it, if not arugula is fine. Add this to the potatoes. Now add about 4/5 C of heavy cream and about half that much again of whole milk together and pour over. Season with S/P and bring VERY slowly to a boil. When the liquid starts to bubble, turn down the heat and cover. The heat needs to be VERY low, so the cream doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan. Simmer for about 10 minutes, so the potatoes absorb the cream. Now scatter in some freshly grated Parmesan(roughly 3 oz or so) and cook for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts. Serve it up with the lamb and sit back and enjoy being Da' Man!!!

Ronald Reagan

• HokieBGE,
    I forgot...if you want a sauce to serve on the side...take a bunch of flat leaf parsley, some mint leaves, 3 or 4 anchovie fillets, 2 or 3 T of capers, 1 T of Dijon Mustard. Put this in a food processor. Crank it up and start w/ 6T of evoo. Keep going until you have a slush but w/ some texture. Taste and add some fresh lemon juice to your liking.

Ronald Reagan

• Dawgtired,
    This sounds fantastic. Got a couple questions. Can I email you?[p]Paul

• HokieBGE,
    ABSOLUTELY....whatever I can do to help!!!

Ronald Reagan