Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Hot Pepper fatties

Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
fatties1.jpg
<p />Took a little time today to grind a few pork steaks, season. Rolled up with hot pepper cheese. A little melted out. Covered in RR. Smoked with sugar maple wood. [p]Mike
·

Comments

• Car Wash Mike,[p]Those look fantastic. How long did it take to cook?
    ·
  • Why can't I see that pic?
    ·
  • I did have some good sausage patties for breakfast but those look great!
    ·
  • He posted that on the other forum and it couldn't transfer
    ·
  • fatties2.jpg
    <p />Mike in Abita,
    Thanks about an hour+. You really can't take internal temp with cheese inside.
    The sugar maple really added a lot of smoke flavor.[p]Mike

·
  • Got it. Thanks
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Very nice. I am doing some fatties tonight after the fajitas are done. Can't decide what to stuff them with, but you just gave me a great idea.[p]I cheat and use Jimmy Dean. A grinder is on the wife's radar the next time she has occasion to buy me a present.

·
  • Fidel,
    I just love Hot Pepper cheese and sausage. Cheating, smeating. JD has nothing on us after we stuff and properly season. LOL[p]Mike

·
  • Car Wash Mike ,[p]Thanks I have a bag of Sugar Maple and didn't know what it would go good with. I've tried it with ribs and wasn't all that impressed with it. I'm not giving up on it though, thanks to you. I have something else to try.[p]Mike
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,018
    Looks great, Mike! Did you use the smoked pepper jack you did the other day or was this new stuff?
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,018
    Looks great, Mike! Did you use the smoked pepper jack you did the other day or was this new stuff?
    ·
  • egret,
    I used hot out of the vac pack from the store. LOL I still have my smoked pepper jack in the fridge. Been 2 weeks, should I use it? LOL
    Don't tell me how warm it is. I think I get 5 for a low Wednesday. No pics either buddy.
    I will have some Apple Sausage in KC. :)[p]Mike

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Never tried them.... they look like a good treat though![p]Temp, time, indirect / direct?[p]ya ya I know, I could do a search, but... to get the answer right from the source is better![p]Mike in MN

·
  • Mike in MN,
    Search is overated. LOL
    Indirect about 225. 1+hour. It was my first time with cheese.[p]Mike

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    I might just go buy a JD and try it tomorrow.... Or a Pappa George... [p]I've been looking at the pictures lately and they look like the fatties would make a good treat. I have a gathering soon where I have to provide hor's de ovaries, and I've been busy experimenting.... I have ABT testers ready to cook, just did some deviled eggs, some individual lamb shish kebobs, and there's a pound of crab meat screaming "do me" in the frig.[p]Thanks for your efforts, always enjoy your posts![p]Mike in MN

·
  • cbcakes2.jpg
    <p />Mike in MN,
    Thanks.
    RR on deviled eggs, you won't believe it. I know what to do with crab meat. Check out Max's recipe on DP site.[p]Mike

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks!![p]Heading to the DP site next, then out for drinks at the neighbors... Have a great night![p]Mike in MN

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Those look fabulous, Mike. [p]Happy New Year,[p]T
    ·
  • This might be the stupid question of the day, but what's a fattie? THANKS!
    ·