Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hangers = Heaven !

Options
slyrye
slyrye Posts: 135
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I marinated tis in soy, balsaic vinegar, and garlic powder for about 10 hrs yesterday and put on my med at 550 direct for 3 minutes per side for a nice char. Took the egg down to 400 and finished untill internal temp was 110, gave 5 minute rest, then carved it.
Mrs. Rye and i have found a new favorite ! This had to be one of them best steaks we have ever eaten. I'm glad there are 3 more of these in the freezer, and for the price these were, i'm going back to the restaraunt depot and see about getting more.[p]at rest
PICT0134.jpg[p]nice pink middle
PICT0135.jpg[p]pile o'meat
PICT0136.jpg

Comments

• Where is this restaurant depot you speak of? As I recall it's in Warwick?

And, how's the new business coming along?
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Those looks great!

Cheers,

TRex
  • I do something similar with flank steak with like results. I got the idea from a hanger steak recipe and used flank steak because the local grocer did not have hanger steak. Now, my family would just as soon have flank steak as anything else...
  • slyrye,
    haven't tried those yet, but i want to![p]you've got some replies over in the parallel universe, btw... it's a one-way wormhole, so you can't see them here.

• slyrye
    slyrye Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi Carey,
    I go to the depot down in Cranston, I'm planning another trip down towards the end of this week, your more than welcome to come down and check this place out. I can fit my house in the walk-in cooler there 6 times over! Comparing the price of blk angus and reg beef, there is only 10 to 20 cents per pound difference. My new buss is starting to finally take off! The alternative energy commishioner for the state of RI met with me and i hope to get a contract with them this week about installing some on low income housing for the state.
    I'll email you my cell phone number and see about you taking a ride down to cranston with me.
    Thanks,
    marty
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Copey's is your key. They call it hanging tender.[p]H

• Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    That's looking very tasty! I may try that one before too long.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.