Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Photo Sizing

Bob In TexasBob In Texas Posts: 48
edited 8:19AM in EggHead Forum
I see no mention of photo re-sizing. Are they automatically resized by this program when they are posted, no matter of what size you send?
·

Comments

• I thought Photobucket automatically sized photos but apparently not. Some poster's photos are so large you can't see them without scrolling, not to mention how long it probably takes for dial-up Eggheads to download them. I'm sure the large size also contributes to slowing the Forum.

I kinda wish there was some way to standardise the size no matter the source, preferably down to 640/480.

Spring "One Size Fits All" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • I have searched this forum out and can't find a answer. Some forums do automatically resize. I know that 640/480 is the preferred size to keep from scrolling. Maybe the answer will come along.
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Leroy,
    What method are you using to post your pictures?

Thanks,
    Bordello

Still sort of lost in the new Egg world. :huh:
    ·
  • Me too!
    Ross :huh:
    ·
  • I use Photobucket. I realize that it's just a link and not the real photo. I think there was something mentioned about eventually being able to post direct to the Forum. If so, that's the place to establish the preferred size. I'm sure there's a way to automatically convert any size photo the one size. It just takes time to tweak and re-tweak.

Spring "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff, And EVERYTHING Is Small Stuff" Chicken (No pun intended)
    ·
  • The photo program Picasa2 that Google provides, automatically resizes photos to 640/480 in email, no matter what size they were to start with. When I have a pic, I'll send it up from that folder and see what happens.
    ·
  • Have you figured out the photo thing??????
    ·
  • test for (auto)resize
    90506362.jpg
    this photo is 1200x1600 at the photo hosting web site. It looks like the forum has automatically resized it.
    ·