Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Photo Sizing

Bob In TexasBob In Texas Posts: 48
edited 6:40AM in EggHead Forum
I see no mention of photo re-sizing. Are they automatically resized by this program when they are posted, no matter of what size you send?

Comments

• I thought Photobucket automatically sized photos but apparently not. Some poster's photos are so large you can't see them without scrolling, not to mention how long it probably takes for dial-up Eggheads to download them. I'm sure the large size also contributes to slowing the Forum.

I kinda wish there was some way to standardise the size no matter the source, preferably down to 640/480.

Spring "One Size Fits All" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • I have searched this forum out and can't find a answer. Some forums do automatically resize. I know that 640/480 is the preferred size to keep from scrolling. Maybe the answer will come along.
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Leroy,
    What method are you using to post your pictures?

Thanks,
    Bordello

Still sort of lost in the new Egg world. :huh:
  • Me too!
    Ross :huh:
  • I use Photobucket. I realize that it's just a link and not the real photo. I think there was something mentioned about eventually being able to post direct to the Forum. If so, that's the place to establish the preferred size. I'm sure there's a way to automatically convert any size photo the one size. It just takes time to tweak and re-tweak.

Spring "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff, And EVERYTHING Is Small Stuff" Chicken (No pun intended)
  • The photo program Picasa2 that Google provides, automatically resizes photos to 640/480 in email, no matter what size they were to start with. When I have a pic, I'll send it up from that folder and see what happens.
  • Have you figured out the photo thing??????
  • test for (auto)resize
    90506362.jpg
    this photo is 1200x1600 at the photo hosting web site. It looks like the forum has automatically resized it.