Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

newbee cooking steaks

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, i was hoping someone can help me with my steaks. I am a new Egg owner and tried cooking steaks the other night; they came out tasting like carcoal? i used the receipt simple steaks on the forum. After i seared the steaks i closed everthing down and continued to cook them for an additional 4 min. I beileve this is where i created the smoke flavor, by snuffing out the coals. On a side note the steaks were juicy and done just the way i like them (med-rare) but the falvor was not good (lump charcoal falvor). Any suggestions or helpful hint would be very appricated, i plan on trying again tonight but at $60 a pop i would like to get it right.
Thanks,
Bip

Comments