Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! Stuffed Black Bass

Options
PRobinson
PRobinson Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to cook a "stuffed black bass" on the egg tomorrow. Give someone provide me with the temperature and time? I am using crabmeat stuffing. I can only find recipes for filets and want to cook this one whole. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    PRobinson,
    Email Sprinter if nobody gets back to you. He knows his fish.
    troy@cmacsoft.com[p]Sounds great. enjoy it!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • PRobinson,[p]Hi, I would just cook it until the meat just began to flake with a fork like any other fish cook.. oh... probably around 350 - 400 deg. Just keep an eye on it... fish is so easy to overcook :) But then again... I am a big sushi fan.... I just hate overcooked fish and thats the mistake most people make I believe with fish. [p]Happy Egging. BB

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Hey NB, thanks for the vote of confidence. Been awhile since I've cooked any fish. The freezer is empty and the folks have not been fishing much lately, just not the fishing season. Also, the boat has been in Kentucky for the summer and w don't do much fishing there, just playing. Anyway, thanks for the pat on the back, mucho appreciado.[p]Be sure to cook the stuffing to just about done as the fish will cook fast enough that you'll only be able to warm it and not do much real cooking. Then, I'd cook it direct for about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the fish, use about a 325 degree fire. I've cooked lots of whole red snapper that I think would mirror the Black Bass as far as texture goes etc. Again depending on size of the fish your times may vary. Clean the fish and the cavity, then stuff it and wrap with butchers twine to hold it all together. Cooking them whole like this its harder to over cook them but keep any eye on it, dont over cook it. Sorry about internal temps etc, I just go by look and feel, others may be able to help with the temp. of cooked fish. Hope this helps.[p]Troy