Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Forum Tips

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off, the confirmation email and/or forgotten password emails are generally being blocked by spam filters on some of the major email providers. Both of mine were caught by Yahoo spam filters, and then by a Bellsouth mail filter as well. If you are using a yahoo email address you have to be using the Yahoo advanced email client to even see your spam folder.[p]WMK posted that there had recently been a spam hacker using the eggheadforum.net servers as a spam relay, so many major mail providers are likely blocking mail from that domain as spam.[p]Secondly, logging in using the member login section on the left hand side of the screen seems problematic. If you click the Login button at the top right part of the screen and try there you may get in. This was the case with me last night.[p]Third, if you are unable to Activate your profile and get the popup about following an email direction - and that email never comes (first check spam folders) - then try making a post and using your username and password. This will log you in.[p]I was on the new forum most of the day yesterday and figured out a lot of tricks and tips. Any questions, please post here and I will try to help. I would not blame WMK a bit for taking a day off (if that happens). Yesterday had to be a nightmare.

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Fidel,[p]Hmm, a day "off" -- what's that:-)? When we take a day of other work:-), we just get behind. The new forum should help a bit with that (no archive required), but two forums definitely do not:-). It does, however, sound like a nice idea.[p]Thank you for posting what you have learned using the new forum, this is all very useful information for everyone. Please continue to post anything you discover so we can identify all the issues we must address; and, so everyone can make the best of use of the new forum in the meanwhile.[p]WMK[p]

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I have a bit of history as a web geek and computer jockey, so I'll try to pay attention and help where I can.

You do good work - your patience level amazes me.
  • Signal 99
    Options
    WMK,
    I've taken info provided by Fidel's post & modified my yahoo email account aka spam filter. Hopefully I've done it correctly. Kindly resend email varification at your convenience.
    Thanking you in advance.

~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • WMK
    Options
    Signal 99,[p]Done -- give it a try.
    WMK

• Signal 99
    Options
    WMK,
    I received email confirmation, but when I click link, sends me site stating site maybe for sale. Is this the correct link? I can imagine your getting jammin with questions, so again at your convenience.

~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • WMK
    Options
    Signal99,[p]I thought I'd fixed that link, but there were two of them. I fixed the other one now too for new emails, but the correct link is to eggheadforum.com instead of ".net" -- can you change it in your browser and try again?[p]WMK