Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fat Tuesday and looking ahead

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here in Illinois we observe Lincoln's birthday (Happy B/D Abe!) instead of the Presidents' Day like the rest of you so being off work today nicely coincided with Fat Tuesday...therefore it's been eat, drink and be merry all day like there's no tomorrow!
However, looking ahead to Wednesday it's time for some of us to refresh our fish recipes memories again. Back in August I tried Nature Boy's finishing sauce for ribs called Ginger Mahogany. For some reason it clicked with me that it would also work well on salmon. IT DOES! I spread 1/3 of it on the fish a couple hours before cooking. Then use 1/3 for basting during the cook on the BGE using adler chips for smoke. The remaining 1/3 goes over the finished salmon and a little on the brown rice which goes well. Try it some time.
Here's the link to NB sauce
http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0134.htm

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RRP,
    Thanks for the idea! I wonder how if a bit of maple syrup would screw it up, or add something nice? Hmmm. Sounds good though on salmon. And maybe other fish too! More speriments![p]Wow! All kinds of holidays today, and Chinese New Year to top it off.
    Happy New Year! And others. Hell, all those holidays, gotta be a good reason for a beer! tata.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ