Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum switch-over time

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    WMK,
    After this past week I would love see you change to registered members only setup, as much as I do like this one....Is there a reason when I view my profile I have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to see any of the info?????
    Will try posting a pic over there, but I used that site succesfully when you were talking about changing before..and I don' remember having any problems...
    And as others have said...Thanks for all you do.[p]Wess

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    DobieDad,
    Have you tried 'SeaMonkey' as your browser?

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    WMK,[p]Thanks for all you do. I hate to add to the long list of issues, but I haven't found one like mine. [p]I log in and get the following pop-up message:[p]"Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check your email for further instructions."[p]This has been about 90 minutes now, and no message. I reset my password, so I know the system has me email - I got that message.[p]Can you help me out when you have time? Obviously no emergency.[p]Thanks.
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    egret,[p]No. Are there benefits over Firefox???
  • WMK,[p]I like the new layout,but is there a reason why the print is so small. Or could this be something I have to do on my end of things. [p]thanks Doug
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    DobieDad,
    Faster, and has the mail program included......

• WessB,
    Do you have a wide link or image? That pushes stuff out of position sometimes.

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    WMK,
    New forum won't allow me to activate my profile. I need some help when you get time. I appreciate your efforts.

• egret,[p]Don't have either here, just safari.
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    WMK:[p]I have the same problem.[p]
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    DobieDad,[p]I am using my new Mac as I write this; so, at least now I can find and fix the Safari/Mac specific issues. [p]We've already noticed a couple with the Eggtoberfest registrations which were related to closing html tags missing. Could be similar issues here.[p]WMK
  • i attempted to email you at the following address
    wmkATbiggreenegg.com (i, of course, substituted AT with @ in this post)[p]and recieved the following daemon response[p]<wmkATbiggreenegg.com>:
    64.106.207.87 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkusr)
    Giving up on 64.106.207.87.[p]
    anyway i believe my user id is markkal123
    my handle is city chicken
    my email is markkal123@yahoo.com[p]please confirm my userid as markkal123 and reset my password [p]any thoughts on your planned switchover time?[p]best regards
    mark kaletta

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    WMK,[p]I gave up on that one a long long time ago but . . . [p]It didn't recognize any name or email combo I tried and, of course, you can't see the user names until you log in - makes it hard for us old farts - so I created a new one. Can you delete one or the other (the old one is the first of the two "haggis" handles.) If you delete the new one, it'd help if you sent me the info for the old one! Thanks!
  • WMK, I like the current forum just the way it is.
    The print on the new forum is way too small for an
    old geezer like me to read.

• WessB
    I do have an image, I will have to check the size of it this evening....get no email adddy in the posts either..

Wess
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Fidel,
    Does your e-mail have a junk mail filter? My e-mail from the new forum went into junk mail. Had to pull it from there.

• WessB
    WMK,
    The list says 260 online now
    Even hitting the back button, it takes forever for the page to reload....

• WMK,[p]I got to the activate, checked everything ove, clicked ACTIVATE, and nothing happened. Clicked twice more and let it sit for a while and still nothing.
    My daughter reminded me that besides Safari, we also have Explorer loaded on here. Found that, tried again, same result.
    I guess I'll try again later.

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    WMK,[p]I'm not computer savy, but if it would help, I'll describe the glitch I ran into.[p]I'm on a G4 running 10.4.11, and Safari 3.0.4.[p]I forgot the password I used previously on the new site and had a new one sent automatically. With it I successfully logged on. I went to 'Profile' and received the following pop-up announcement 'Mozilla <1.3 Beta is not supported!'[p]I continued on to 'Edit My Profile' and entered a new password. However the 'Update' button at the bottom of the page would not work. Curiously, the 'Cancel' button would work.[p]HTH[p]DD
  • WMK
    Hi Sundown,

We are testing over here at the moment to uncover just these types of issues. We expect that many have forgotten their userid or password. Note that it may *not* be the same as your handle depending on what you chose when you registered.

Try the "Forgot my password" link on the "home" page and see if you can get going that way.

WMK
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    WMK,
    i am glad you are switching it is good to know this forum will be fun again!! i went over last night in hopes of avoiding the stuff that was going on over here and nobody else was posting over there..[p]
    THANKS so much i have really bennifitted from your hard work and i want you to know i appreciate it!![p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WMK
    eggscaper,[p]You should see a "Style Control" module at the top left or on the left (depending on the view you are using). You can use the buttons there to control the font size and face to your liking. It should remember your settings. If not, we'll fix that.[p]WMK
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Fluffyb,[p]I already checked there. Nada.
  • WMK,
    Wow! It looks like I accidentaly started a big debate. [p]I didn't realize that this forum is moderated by someone out of the kindness of their heart and in their spare time. Now that I know I would like to say thank you. I will check out the new forum, and I hope others do the same. Half the fun of the forum is talking to some of the people here. [p]Thanks again!

• JalopyBob, look at the top right of the page, there is a calendar. Under that is "style control" and click on the A+ to increase font size.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    WMK,[p]I've tried activating my account under my current handle (Beanie-Bean) and I get a message stating that the account is active, but not confirmed, and for me to check my e-mail.[p]To date, I have not received a follow-up email, and would like to request that my activation request be reset, or the follow-on email be sent to mlosabia@gmail.com[p]Thank you for your help![p]-Mike[p]
  • WMK
    Big'un,[p]I sent you another confirmation email to your registered email address.[p]WMK
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    WessB,
    I agree with you.
    Registering should have happened a long time ago! It would eliminate a lot of the things that go on.
    I'm like some of the other folks on the forum; an old fart, and slow to change to the new technologies; but let's go.
    Hammer

• WMK
    JalopyBob,[p]The font issues have been addressed as Zee indicated. We have tried to make the switch as "painless" as possible, but we are going to switch. The current forum software is simply too difficult to maintain and manage.[p]WMK
  • WMK,
    Thats a whole lot better. Keep up the good work and THANK YOU. This Buds for you.[p]Doug