Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Question or Problem

Options
Grasshopper
Grasshopper Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have done a few ribs during my year and a half with the BGE, but tonights had a bark or crust like feature. I have had that happen in the past but not to this degree. I did the 3/1.5/.5 method with dizzy pig regular rub on one slab and penzies rib rub on the other. I tried to maintain the temp at 275 but never exceeded 300 degrees. I did put some turbinado sugar (small amount) with the rubs. Prior to the rubs i coated the ribs with mustard. Durring the foil i spread honey and brown sugar on the foil - from Dr. BBQ. They stayed in the foil for 90 minutes then on the BGE for the remaining 30 minutes.
Question is - were the rubs burnt - did i cook them too long? What causes the bark or crust and how do i prevent it. I am just glad i did not have company over to share them with.

Comments