Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Recipe for Pheasant

I was able to knock down a few pheasants, and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe.[p]Thanks in advance,[p]Jim
·

Comments

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    JBC, I brine them using the recipe that Cat gave me. See Archives Nov. 6, 2001. Toward the end of cooking I baste them with a fruity BBQ sauce & Myers's rum. JCA

·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    JBC,[p]I do this with guinea hens, so it would be good for pheasant too. They'll take less time than hens or chickens do.[p]Last time I substituted plum jam for the honey. Very tasty, and the skin was gorgeous brown.[p]Cathy

[ul][li]Honey mustard chicken[/ul]
    ·
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    JBC,[p]Take a look at the post from a search at Google. A brine is very helpful for a moist pheasant.[p]Ashley

·