Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Recipe for Pheasant

I was able to knock down a few pheasants, and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe.[p]Thanks in advance,[p]Jim
·

Comments

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    JBC, I brine them using the recipe that Cat gave me. See Archives Nov. 6, 2001. Toward the end of cooking I baste them with a fruity BBQ sauce & Myers's rum. JCA

·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    JBC,[p]I do this with guinea hens, so it would be good for pheasant too. They'll take less time than hens or chickens do.[p]Last time I substituted plum jam for the honey. Very tasty, and the skin was gorgeous brown.[p]Cathy

[ul][li]Honey mustard chicken[/ul]
    ·
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    JBC,[p]Take a look at the post from a search at Google. A brine is very helpful for a moist pheasant.[p]Ashley

·