Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sack-o-pork Results

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the boneless/mutilated picnic roast that was rubbed and shoved in a net bag turned out excellent. Pulled of at 182 internal, as the polder probe slid in and out easily anywhere I stuck it. MikeO stopped by, and it was nice to meet him and chat over a beer. He left about 20 minutes before I pulled it off the egg. As expected, it fell apart into chunks after the first slice. It was not as salty as I expected from being packed in that salt solution. The smoke was prevelant, and blendeed nicely with the pork. The "perfect picnic" rub from smoke and spice was perfect for this cut. Lots of pepper, and simple.[p]It really did taste considerably more like ham than a boston butt. Very, very moist and tender...much more so than a ham. Some leftovers....enough for a couple samiches.[p]I might just have to make up some more french bread tomorrow, and have a picnic samich with mustard on fresh egged french bread.[p]Happy
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments