Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage-Fattie Fillers

Options
Bob In Texas
Bob In Texas Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I keep seeing photos, and reading about these Fatties. Well, I gotta try one. They look good. However, I am not good at mixing things with meat for flavor, so would you good Fattie people (no pun intended), give me some ideas for fillers to give an outstanding taste, and any other information you may add for a first time Sausage-Fattie maker.

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Bob In Texas,
    Try Italian sausage with bell peppers, onions, and a little garlic.

• You know, I used Jimmy Deans Maple and rolled it in some Head Country rub and it took longer to slice than to watch it disappear.

• Bob In Texas,
    I am thinking about cooking some for a New Years party with Jimmy Dean Whole Hog Sausage. For a filler I thought abou trying some cajun spicy hot sausage links with onions, bell pepper and some type of cheese. Any comments or suggestion from experienced fattie makers.

• Bob In Texas,
    I tried some different ones this weekend and my favorite was the Bob Evans brand with just provolone cheese in the middle.

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Options
    I like Jimmy Dean hot, rolled in Sticky Fingers rub, and stuffed with Pepper Jack cheese. Spicy! (And don't forget your drip pan!)
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Bob In Texas,[p]Your favorite cheese sliced thin and layered in the middle. To make it spicy add diced jalepenos. I also like cheese & salsa in the middle of mine.[p]Put the raw fattie on wax paper and roll it out. Put your favorite filling in the middle and roll the fatty back up. Then put mustard (or not) on the fatty then add your favorite rub...I cook indirect at 300-325 until internal temp of 170-180 degrees...yummy..[p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)