Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boneless Ribs?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife bought some of these. The package reads "Pork Rib Fingers, Boneless"> Boneless Ribs!? How they do that? Anyway, anybody tried these? I am planning on cooking these like "regular" ribs although they are not going to fit on my V-rack.
·

Comments

• drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Bob Henderson,
    They're probably pieces of boneless loin and will dry out if you cook then too long.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·
  • drbbq, Thanka, I probably would have cooked them slow.

·
  • drbbq,
    Would cooking them indirect @ 250 be a bad way of doing these? Are should I try to cook them a little faster?

·
  • hankhank Posts: 84
    These might be what we call here "country style" ribs. These are from the rib cut but are the end trimmings and are boneless. I think they are very tasty, and I have cooked them 3-1-1, sometimes omitting the last hour.
    ·
  • hankhank Posts: 84
    To answer your question, try indirect 250, just as with any other ribs. Just check them at the end of each stage in the 3-1-1 and adjust your times accordingly. If they are a bit fattier than regular ribs (that's the flavor!), they may go the full 5 hours.
    ·
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Bob Henderson,[p]Sorry for the late answer but I'd cook them faster, as in grill them.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·